Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

bigtroot

Top 3 Fisheries
« on: November 29, 2006, 09:07:22 AM »
Just out of intrest i was curious of where everyone enjoyed fishing throughout the winter months excluding Haddo!

Iam still yet to venture up to Haddo but iam sure it wont be a let down after reading the reports on here.

My top 3 are as follows:

1. Rae moir Banchory
2. Carlogie Dam Carnoustie
3. Loch insch

Sandy Nelson

Top 3 Fisheries
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 12:34:25 PM »
Well i guess i cant answer that one.

I only fish for Bows in one place these Days.

If you'd asked a few years ago i would have said  crimmonmogate,Insch, then pitfour but now :z8

Sandy
John Geirach 1999 "Millions of trout have died of old age before i could catch them and there's not a damn thing i can do about that"

Jim Eddie

Top 3 Winter Fisheries
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 19:24:36 PM »
Ok Haddo aside ;

In no particular order

Braeside
Waulkmill
Used to be Rathen but thats closed now  :z6

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Jay Scott

Top 3 Fisheries
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 21:01:42 PM »
Well thats a tricky one since i've only fished at three and haddo is one of them. So out of the two i would say..

1. Loch Insch
2. Lochter

Jay

Top 3 Fisheries
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 22:45:05 PM »
you say thru the winter months so loch insch has to be high up as they have pumps so even when it freezes they can break the ice (failing that they have a orkney strikeliner with outboard which is a good ice breaker) aside from that my faves are (never been to haddo yet)

artloch
loch insch
waulkmill

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum

All content on this website is copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk