Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

j.r fartley

Re: Robson Green
« Reply #15 on: 12/03/2009 at 09:28 »
im with you on that hamish,as much as i think hes a cock iv watched the whole of the first series and all of this one! :z4

Iain Goolager

« Reply #16 on: 12/03/2009 at 11:52 »
100% apologize to the BBC - In my haste I commited a cardinal sin.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #17 on: 12/03/2009 at 15:49 »
Whilst some of the programme leaves me a smidgen uncomfortable, in the main RG is participating in fishing the way the 'locals' do it.
Sometimes that doesn't fit entirely with the UK 'ethos' but if that's the way they do it then fair play, we shouldn't impose out moral code on them - particularly when it comes down to survival skills.

And thats the crux of the problem for me...

I have watched Ray Mears catch fish using spears, traps and all sorts, but i do not have an issue with that as he quite clearly states that it is for survival and that he is just showing how the locals do it. He does everything with respect, dignity and with explaination.

RG seems to relish in leaping about, swearing and making a tit of himself...and to a casual watcher, this is how all anglers behave. Going back to the last series, blasting through the Everglads (a National Park and Reserve) on an "air" boat, taking pot shots with a rifle at "Swamp Chickens" (Moorhens) is something no angler should be compared too!

I have very strong convictions when it comes to handling fish and I do not believe that anglers up here are as aware of anti-angling pressure as anglers down south. Anglers have been attacked, pushed in, gear smashed up etc etc. Its a real threat and this plonker is adding to the fuel.

Rant over ;) Time to go home and get a couple of hours fishing in :)

Barry Robertson

« Reply #18 on: 12/03/2009 at 17:02 »
Going back to the last series, blasting through the Everglads (a National Park and Reserve) on an "air" boat, taking pot shots with a rifle at "Swamp =

Cmon Rob it cant be that bad after all you must of watched the last series and felt the urge to watch the new series also  :z13
Looks like your a big closet Robson Green fan after all :z4
Enjoy the rest of the show lads  :z2

j.r fartley

« Reply #19 on: 12/03/2009 at 18:30 »
this ones for you rob... :z4

Iain Goolager

« Reply #20 on: 12/03/2009 at 20:13 »
A cracking song JR thanks for that it always brings a tear to my eye!

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #21 on: 12/03/2009 at 20:49 »
Arrrrrrghhh!!!..lol

Must confess..i used to like this...

Mike Barrio

« Reply #22 on: 12/03/2009 at 22:41 »
Hi folks :cool:

Just been watching Billy Connolly ..... Journey to the edge of the world :z16

Now there is a man and a production team that could make some cracking fly fishing telly :z3

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #23 on: 13/03/2009 at 01:02 »

Hamish Young

« Reply #24 on: 13/03/2009 at 07:38 »
Very good, now that's a programme I'd like to see  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com