Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Hen Capes
« on: 08/03/2009 at 20:02 »
Hi folks :cool:

With all the talk of "bird flu" etc last year, we were expecting nice hen capes to become as rare as hen's teeth .... excuse the pun :z7

Has this happened? Are they easy to buy, or is there a shortage?

Best wishes
Mike

PS: Don't think I've seen anything about Bird Flu on the news for a good while ... Does this mean it is no longer a problem?

Paul Rankine

Re: Hen Capes
« Reply #1 on: 09/03/2009 at 16:56 »
Hi Mike,
            BF still being punted as the next big inevitable disaster to strike us all down . Had a recent "disaster scenario exercise" in Aberdeen recently and BF is still NO.1 on the list apparently. Anyone know where to put 5000 dead bodies ?  :z4

Paul.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 09/03/2009 at 17:01 »
...and yet as keepers of hens..and registered on all the correct Government forms, we have not had any warnings or literature about Bird Flu for at least 18-20 months!

Nice to know we could be carriers and not know ;)

Paul Rankine

« Reply #3 on: 09/03/2009 at 18:57 »
Rob,
       Surely if you think that your birds might be carriers (why ?) you should ,as a responsible bird keeper, have them tested ?

Paul.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 09/03/2009 at 19:58 »
Anyone know where to put 5000 dead bodies ?

Try phoning Bernard Mathews :z4   He'll find a home for them.

Paul Rankine

« Reply #5 on: 11/03/2009 at 17:24 »
Boootiful !!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 11/03/2009 at 17:28 »
I think I can still get the ones that I stocked a couple of years ago and these were really popular. I'll try to put through an order and see what happens :wink

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #7 on: 11/03/2009 at 20:58 »
Rob,
       Surely if you think that your birds might be carriers (why ?) you should ,as a responsible bird keeper, have them tested ?

Paul.

They are not carriers, my point is that we have been extremely responsible and registered the birds, at a fair financial cost, so that we can be informed if there is an issue. Many poultry keepers dont, as you do not have too...but we have not been told there is a risk, which I believe you are saying still exists.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 12/03/2009 at 23:45 »
I think I can still get the ones that I stocked a couple of years ago and these were really popular. I'll try to put through an order and see what happens :wink

Cheers
Mike

I put the order through and the rest of my stuff arrived ....... but no hen capes :z6

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com