Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

j.r fartley

orvis waders
« on: 08/03/2009 at 20:17 »
this last few months iv been on a quest to get a decent pair of waders that actually fit! im 5"4 an d just under ten stone! iv had no luck at all!!! i noticed orvis do "womens" waders that come in small petite( 5"00-5"4) was thinking about giving them a bash,(no references to cross dressing please) :z4 anyway i just noticed theyre not available on the orvis website anymore! does anyone know of anywhere that could supply waders for a shorty??? ???

Mike Barrio

Re: orvis waders
« Reply #1 on: 08/03/2009 at 20:28 »
I would ask Ben what is available from Orvis, he'll probably see this thread this evening sometime :wink

If he can't help, maybe check out the snowbee sizes ( they do "FB" full bodied ) and you can access their PDF size chart here http://www.snowbee.co.uk/size_charts.html

Cheers
Mike

j.r fartley

« Reply #2 on: 08/03/2009 at 20:37 »
i wouldnt say i was fullbodied!  :z4 im a 32" waist but just short! yeah hopefully ben can help! these will be my last expensive purchase for this season ( iv promised the missus)  :z7

Ben Dixon

« Reply #3 on: 08/03/2009 at 22:02 »
i wouldnt say i was fullbodied!  :z4 im a 32" waist but just short! yeah hopefully ben can help! these will be my last expensive purchase for this season ( iv promised the missus)  :z7

You should fit into either small or medium short gents waders but you could try the ladies too.  I sell a few pairs to guys every year, be best to call into the shop and try a few pairs in various sizes & styles.

Cheers

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 08/03/2009 at 22:16 »
Great stuff Ben :z16

There you go JR .... "try before you buy" in your local Orvis Banchory Store, can't get better than that and you'll find Ben really helpful :wink

Cheers
Mike

j.r fartley

« Reply #5 on: 08/03/2009 at 22:33 »
i had my eye on the clearwater endura stockingfoot (small/petite) :z4 theyre breathable so i hope theyre snug! il def pop along to banchory at the end of the month ben,thanks for your help!  :cool:

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com