Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

New Barrio 4#
« on: 07/03/2009 at 19:31 »
I had a cast with mikes new 4# rod this afternoon. Now I am not going to get all technical , I'm just not like that, What I do know though is I  loved the feel of the rod , it felt like a really good fishing tool very crisp , light but could still put out a good line. This will make great river rod.

:z18

Jim

Ben Dixon

Re: New Barrio 4#
« Reply #1 on: 07/03/2009 at 19:35 »
Looking forward to getting a cast of that  :grin

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 07/03/2009 at 21:26 »
Thanks for the kind comments Jim :z16

I'm sure you'll get to play with the rod next time you are over Ben :z3

Our new rod is "the big sister" of the Barrio 3wt. Those that have tried the prototype have found that it suits a DT4F and WF5F ( although some preferred it with a WF4F ) and Jim was the first to try the new demo rod today and he was quite at home with the WF5F.

It has not been easy to build in the same action and feel that makes this rod as sweet as our 3wt ...... but I am now confident that we have succeeded ........ Control the line, feel the fish and enjoy your fishing! :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

j.r fartley

« Reply #3 on: 07/03/2009 at 21:49 »
i was eyeing up your 3 weight,much prefer 5#,will you have these available anytime soon?  :!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 07/03/2009 at 23:32 »
i was eyeing up your 3 weight,much prefer 5#,will you have these available anytime soon?  :!

We have three models available this year (hand built to order) in very small quantities. Our existing 9ft #3, the new "big sister" 9ft #4 that Jim started this thread with ..... and another new model, the Barrio Lochstyle 10½ft #5.

Best wishes
Mike

Ben Dixon

« Reply #5 on: 08/03/2009 at 00:05 »
..... and another new model, the Barrio Lochstyle 10½ft #5.

Best wishes
Mike

Not tried the 904 yet but was blown away by the Lochstyle, very nice rod indeed and much more than a "lochstyle" rod, if I had spare cash I would own one  :grin

Ben

Mike Barrio

Re: New Barrio 4# New
« Reply #6 on: 08/03/2009 at 00:19 »
Not tried the 904 yet but was blown away by the Lochstyle, very nice rod indeed and much more than a "lochstyle" rod, if I had spare cash I would own one  :grin

Ben

Thanks for the kind comments about the Lochstyle Ben :z16

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com