Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

salar35

POACHING STILLWATERS BY ELECTROFISHING
« on: 05/03/2009 at 15:32 »
Without wishing to go into public detail (as the circumstances may become "sub-judice") is there anyone out there with sound knowledge of how effective electrofishing in a trout stillwater over a depth of around 4-8 feet, can be?

(I have often accompanied the Dee Board staff on e~fishing exercises in shallow riffle water in rivers to count salmonid parr and fry numbers, so I know very well how that type of operation works. This escapade, however, seems pretty unique).

Responses by PM only, would be very welcome. If anyone wishes details in case this is happening elsewhere in the NE, I can describe the background here by PM too. Muchos gracias. Dave

Steven Sinclair

Re: POACHING STILLWATERS BY ELECTROFISHING
« Reply #1 on: 05/03/2009 at 19:52 »
You have PM

Regards Stevie

Dave Mundie

« Reply #2 on: 05/03/2009 at 20:25 »
Hmmm wonder where this is going.

Dave

Fisher

« Reply #3 on: 06/03/2009 at 01:44 »
Just go into the internet and search "Eloctrofishing" and it will supply you with all the information you are looking for

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 06/03/2009 at 08:35 »
Hmmm..depends if it is electofishing using the correct equipment (low power charge, mild stun) or poaching equipment as used on the Fens and some of the carp waters down south which is high voltage, dangerous and devastating :(

salar35

« Reply #5 on: 06/03/2009 at 12:29 »
Guys

Thanks for the input.....I've responded to various PMs and no doubt all will come out in the wash in due course. I'll give a full update when circumstances permit.

Dave

zeolite

« Reply #6 on: 06/03/2009 at 23:23 »
Hi Dave

Glad to see you posting again.
Some of the club waters having unwelcome visitors?

salar35

« Reply #7 on: 07/03/2009 at 01:44 »
Hi Ian

Yup, you've got it. I'll keep you in the frame.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com