Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Raith Lake
« on: 04/03/2009 at 15:07 »
Was down in Kirkaldy yesterday sticking a deposit on a new set of wheels and thought i would be aswell having a cast somewhere while i was down that neck of the woods.
Mr Doyle was taxi for the day and tour guide  :shock

Raith lake is a lovely fishery in some very nice surroundings and was very impressed  :z16
Managed to get a couple of pike,perch and some rainbows for our efforts and would recomend it to anyone heading down that way in the future.
The boats were big and spacious and overall a top day oot.
Some photos here on the link
http://members.tripod.com/raithlake/indexhtm/picture_gallery.htm

oh and one of the wee pike we caught- it took one of Catmans olive Alex's  :wink

Jim Eddie

Re: Raith Lake
« Reply #1 on: 04/03/2009 at 17:29 »
Aye looks like a bonnie place. Can you tube it or is it boat fishing only ?

:z18

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #2 on: 04/03/2009 at 17:39 »
I might ask that question myself next time iam down Jim, will let you know as it would be perfect for the tube  :z16

Peter McCallum

« Reply #3 on: 04/03/2009 at 18:51 »
Crivvens I thought they'd filled Raith in. I fished it in the mid seventies with limited success I must say but it certainly was a pretty place given it's closeness to kirkaldy

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 04/03/2009 at 19:02 »
Crivvens I thought they'd filled Raith in. I fished it in the mid seventies with limited success I must say but it certainly was a pretty place given it's closeness to kirkaldy
You can aye tell a Fifer , but you can never tell him much  :z4

:z18

Jim

Alex Burnett

« Reply #5 on: 04/03/2009 at 20:50 »

oh and one of the wee pike we caught- it took one of Catmans olive Alex's  :wink

Aye Baz ye' canna beat a good "Olive Alex"  :z4 :z4 :z4 :wink :z4 :z4 :z4

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 04/03/2009 at 21:38 »
I haven't fished Raith Lake for a few years (only fished it twice) but always had a good day and a few trout to boot.

I spoke to someone last year and they said that it had went downhill? Pity if it did 'cos it's a nice place and the guys that owned it were spot on.

Here are a couple of pictures

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com