Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Cameron

trouting abroad
« on: 28/11/2006 at 09:50 »
hi folks

a bit of dreaming on a wet winter's day -- if you had the chance (ie time/money!) to go trout fishing abroad in Dec--Jan, what would be your first choice destination?? Probably needs to be a southern hemisphere location to catch spring/early sunner.

Didn't get a summer holiday from work this year, so I am toying with a foreign fishing fling, and considering a return to the argentinian lake district. pricy, but ...  and would be interesting to hear ideas from others.

cheers
iain

ps, unrelatedly, my 10-piece ska band (http://www.aka-ska.com) needs a new drummer... drop me a PM if you know any stick bashers

Sandy Nelson

trouting abroad
« Reply #1 on: 28/11/2006 at 10:08 »
Iain

i know a drummer very well, but he's a bit on the small side for a band yet.Makes plenty noise though :z4

Hmmmmmmm. Dreaming.

I suppose at this time of year , New Zealand would have to be the main destination, south island, but where exactly I dont know.

Personally my winter dreams usually a trip back in time to late 1800's early 1900's and involve the company of Mr Skues.We go trout spotting.
I know :z6
But what ho! whatever floats your boat.

Sandy

Iain Cameron

trouting abroad
« Reply #2 on: 28/11/2006 at 11:16 »
Quote from: "spiderman"
Iain

i know a drummer very well, but he's a bit on the small side for a band yet.Makes plenty noise though :z4

Sandy

aye, i think mike said that daniel was into his drumming. he's probably a bit too young to gig in pubs yet... ;-)

cheers
iain

speyghillie

trouting abroad
« Reply #3 on: 28/11/2006 at 13:48 »
Well just thinking about doing a little trip trout fishing next summer to the Kamloops area of British Columbia, just got back from there and already missing it. :cry:
So going to organise a trip fishing fishing the lakes and rivers there. when i cost it i will post it, see if anybody fancies coming along.  :z4
  Gordon.

Jay Scott

trouting abroad
« Reply #4 on: 28/11/2006 at 19:23 »
Canada, right in the middle of the wild fishing for wild rainbows, brooks and brownies. Sounds great, only problem would be is the bears.
Ow well in my dreams.

Jay

Jim Eddie

Trouting abroad
« Reply #5 on: 28/11/2006 at 19:29 »
It would have to be the South Island NZ for me, mind you Tierra Del Fuego looks grand for some big Sea Trout  :z4

:z18

Jim

Sandy Nelson

trouting abroad
« Reply #6 on: 28/11/2006 at 19:50 »
Jay

Canada might be a tad cold in Dec-Jan :z4
Otherwise i would come too.As long as we went to the rockies looking for brookies. :z16

Sandy

trouting abroad
« Reply #7 on: 28/11/2006 at 20:03 »
have you not caught enough brookies on the flysim or is that a taster

Jay Scott

trouting abroad
« Reply #8 on: 28/11/2006 at 20:03 »
Aye perhaps somwhere a wee bitty warmer, i like Jim's idea of New Zealand, it would be nice at time of year. Maybe the rockies wen its June / July time, perfect birhtday present! Flysim's great, but i'm sure it canna beat the real thing.

Jay

Sandy Nelson

trouting abroad
« Reply #9 on: 28/11/2006 at 20:08 »
I cant play flysim on the mac.

:cry:  :cry:
Just have to dream about it

Sandy

speyghillie

trouting abroad
« Reply #10 on: 28/11/2006 at 20:53 »
Well you big Jessie's,  :grin:
It hardly ever snows on the coast and the big rainbows are feeding on all the salmon eggs, big wild rainbows with all the bears havin a kip.
But i will have to leave it til the summer, i think Santa is going to rob me in the next week or so, well he has started already, and its snowing like crazy in the rockies right now.  :shock:
So next summer it is.  :z3
Gordon.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com