Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Tam Greenock

Re: Forum outing to Loch Beannie
« Reply #30 on: 02/02/2009 at 20:01 »
Just noticed this, would like to put my name down on the reserve list if there is one

Thanks
Tam

Noel Kelly

« Reply #31 on: 02/02/2009 at 20:27 »
Thanks Jim  :z16 Been meaning to get down there for a few years now. There is some talk of beaches and foreign shores for june but no dates yet.

Steven Kidd

« Reply #32 on: 05/02/2009 at 11:36 »
Hey,

Just noticed this, count me in, if there are spaces available i'd like to attend.

Steven

Mike Barrio

« Reply #33 on: 05/02/2009 at 14:53 »
Hi folks :cool:

It is great to see so much interest in this outing :z16

This however is going to prove a problem, as a wee wild hill loch won't support that many feet :z6

I've been discussing this with Jim and we are going to look for a plan that will hopefully enable everybody the chance to visit the loch. This is probably going to involve more outing dates with smaller groups of folk :wink

We are not sure what the situation is regarding permission to camp at the loch, so we will look in to this nearer the time also.

Best wishes for now
Mike

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #34 on: 05/02/2009 at 14:59 »
Hi folks :cool:

It is great to see so much interest in this outing :z16

This however is going to prove a problem, as a wee wild hill loch won't support that many feet :z6

I've been discussing this with Jim and we are going to look for a plan that will hopefully enable everybody the chance to visit the loch. This is probably going to involve more outing dates with smaller groups of folk :wink

We are not sure what the situation is regarding permission to camp at the loch, so we will look in to this nearer the time also.

Best wishes for now
Mike

Just a suggestion might not be appropriate. Since we are thinking about 2 days. Could we all still go up but share the fishing.

1 - 1/2 sat 1/2sun
2 - morning/afternoon both days.

With people pairing up (possibly experiance with non-experianced) I know I would find this informative having only fished hill lochs twice by myself with no luck!

Barry Robertson

« Reply #35 on: 05/02/2009 at 15:55 »
I can go anytime so if numbers is a problem just remove my name for the time being  :z16

zeolite

« Reply #36 on: 05/02/2009 at 17:51 »
I can't be definite until a few days before so take me off the list please.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #37 on: 05/02/2009 at 18:19 »
No problem Ian

:z18

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #38 on: 09/02/2009 at 15:05 »
What the outcome Jim?
Whats yout thoughts on the outing?

Jim Eddie

« Reply #39 on: 09/02/2009 at 18:41 »
Probably have two in June Baz maybe the Saturday and Sunday , maybe need to have a ballot.

For envirnomental reasons we don't want 20 of us tramping up to the loch , also you need to park at the Croft, its a working croft so the places to park are limited , would not really want more than 3 cars.

:z18

Jim 

j.r fartley

« Reply #40 on: 09/02/2009 at 20:36 »
id be interested in this outing, i have very little loch experience and itd be a good chance to meet a few faces off the forum,also to get a few tips!!! :z4

Barry Robertson

« Reply #41 on: 15/02/2009 at 03:10 »
For people not sure about flies and tactics for loch fishing here is a nice wee link with some classic patterns and explanations on how to use them.
A nice wee read actually  :z16
http://www.trout-salmon-fishing.com/trout-flies.htm

garry john

« Reply #42 on: 15/02/2009 at 21:06 »
cant wait :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #43 on: 15/02/2009 at 21:17 »
For people not sure about flies and tactics for loch fishing here is a nice wee link with some classic patterns and explanations on how to use them.
A nice wee read actually  :z16
http://www.trout-salmon-fishing.com/trout-flies.htm

Yes, lots of good information on John's site Baz :wink

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com