Iain Goolager

Re: Fibreglass rod blanks
« Reply #15 on: 03/02/2009 at 12:37 »
 :z4 :z4 :z4

Old Fart!

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #16 on: 05/02/2009 at 08:42 »
LOL..ok..I meantv 1980!!..lol..although I am an old bugger!!

Dave Olley

« Reply #17 on: 16/03/2009 at 18:14 »
Well, haven't done much about the fibreglass fly rod yet but I do have an excuse.
On Feb 10th we were pretty well snowed in and I thought I would take the dogs for a walk down the road. As I was leaving my wife called out "be careful on that ice, you could fall down and break your neck" and guess what, I made about 75 yards up the road, stepped on some ice and fell down and broke my neck, and not a drop taken :z4
I am out of hospital now, though still wearing scaffolding to hold my head up. I am due back in April to see if I require surgery or not so the rod building and the fishing are going to have to wait a bit.
Having said all that, I've seen the results of the scan and given the possible alternative I am quite happy to be sitting here at the computer "talking" about it.
Cheers Dave

Barry Robertson

« Reply #18 on: 16/03/2009 at 18:25 »
That sounds a bit spooky but glad to hear you are still in one piece, you must be having some major withdrawl pangs from fishing by now surely  :z4

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #19 on: 16/03/2009 at 18:47 »
Hope you make a full recovery...and soon!!!! What a nightmare!!!

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #20 on: 16/03/2009 at 19:55 »
F-ing hell dave :shock

Never mind spooky sounds bloody sore to me :z10, take it easy mate hope you start to get about about a bit soon :z16

:z18

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #21 on: 16/03/2009 at 20:12 »
What a fright that must have given you Dave :shock

Sounds more than a bit uncomfortable and sore, but I guess you're lucky it wasn't worse :roll

Look after yourself
Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #22 on: 16/03/2009 at 20:26 »
Unlucky mate , get well soon.

:z18

Jim

Jim Doyle

« Reply #23 on: 17/03/2009 at 19:51 »
I suppose the neighbours hadnt bothered clearing the paths again dave, some thing needs to be done about these freeloaders!!! :wink :wink  hope your recovery is quick. Now about that insurance policy that your mrs took out in january!!  I,ve got a 12ft fibre glass bruce and walker avon in the attic which we can discuss when you feel up to it.  theres an auction sale at taylors of montrose coming up it might be worth looking up their catalogue on line , if theres any thing you want me to look at for you I,d be pleased to go along .  jim

Dave Olley

« Reply #24 on: 22/03/2009 at 19:08 »
Well Mr Doyle, would be glad to discuss the B&W Avon rod, they can't be worth much more than a fiver these days, can they? :wink
Thanks for the heads up re the auction. Will have a look on the site and get back to you
Cheers
Dave

PDScott

« Reply #25 on: 22/03/2009 at 19:49 »
Dave,
Sorry to hear about your fall - it seems an extreme method of getting out of buying the pontoon however! Mind you, it could be more comfortable in your present condition.
All the best and hope to see you at Haddo soon.
Peter

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com