Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

End of the beat at Inverurie
« on: 28/01/2009 at 22:12 »
A question that has raised before on the forum by a couple of people
Was how do i know where the upper end of Inverurie Burgh water is.
the map shows the Polinar Burn as a border. Well on our trip out yesterday we went up to the end and this is what it looks like :z16

Hopefully this might prevent some of you from wandering into Manar :z18

Sandy

Mike Barrio

Re: End of the beat at Inverurie
« Reply #1 on: 28/01/2009 at 23:01 »
Aye, that next ripple upstream always looks so appealing! :z4

But there should be no confusion on the Inverurie beat, as it really is very obvious ....... If only some of the other beats on the Don would take a little time to mark their water clearly like this :z17

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 28/01/2009 at 23:10 »
Something else that caught my eye, were the water height gauges. There were a few at different locations along the beat and all were in good condition and very clear :z17

Best wishes
Mike

SAY

« Reply #3 on: 29/01/2009 at 07:32 »
Something else that caught my eye, were the water height gauges. There were a few at different locations along the beat and all were in good condition and very clear :z17

Best wishes
Mike

Sign of the times, a gauge in metric.

I have been brought up in the metric era but I still like to talk imperial when fishing.  The next thing will be fish weights in kilo's and grams.

gibbyboy

« Reply #4 on: 29/01/2009 at 10:01 »
is it possible to walk from one end of the beat to the other along/in the river? Or are there sections which are a bit tricky to take on??

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: 29/01/2009 at 13:17 »
is it possible to walk from one end of the beat to the other along/in the river? Or are there sections which are a bit tricky to take on??

Old man Mike managed it :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

So yeah :z16

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com