Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Korkers wading boots
« on: 26/01/2009 at 19:25 »
Free to good home, just send a £10 donantion  to Hamish for the Don Brown trout improvement assocaition.

Worn a few times but in good condition , come with cleated sole (ideal for walking in ) and studded felt sole (ideal for wading rocky rivers)
They are slightly small for me , with Korkers 1 size bigger is fine, so me being 11 need a 12, I got a 12 but it was a US 12 not UK.
(if they are US sizes you need 2 sizes bigger)
I reckon they would be an ideal fit for someone 10 to 10-1/2 UK size.

They are similar to these ones on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Korkers-Cross-Current-Wading-Boots-Shoe-sz-12_W0QQitemZ190279150326QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Athletic_Footwear?hash=item190279150326&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

:z18

Jim     

Mike Barrio

Re: Korkers wading boots
« Reply #1 on: 26/01/2009 at 19:41 »
That's a kind offer Jim :z16

Bummer ..... my twinkle-toes feet are too small :cry

Best wishes
Mike

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: 26/01/2009 at 20:30 »
  Hi, Jedi, I would quite happilly take those off your hands  :z4 and have no issues regarding sending Hamish the donation, its too a VERY good cause in my opinion.  Would it be possible to leave them at Haddo?  As I plan to head up there when I return from nigeria,  Let me know if this would be possible  :z16

Kind regards Steven

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #3 on: 26/01/2009 at 20:33 »
  Also sorry I forgot to add, what would be the best way for myself to make the donation???  Is Paypal/switch a possibility?  As a cash donation wouldnt be possible until I return from the Nigeria this friday.

Regards Steven

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 26/01/2009 at 20:50 »
Steven

I'll be at Haddo on the 14th of Febuary , I an leave them then , If thats OK with Mike ? Again you could leave the £10 with Mike who could pass on to Hamish.

Or if you are in Aberdeen , just come ino the Marathon Office on North Anderson Drive and ask for me .

Jim

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #5 on: 26/01/2009 at 20:59 »
  That would be perfect If you could leave them with Mike (if thats ok?) If not I can easily come into Aberdeen to pick them up, It would give me a good excuse with the missus to HAVE to go back up to haddo a second time tho  :z18

Thanks again Jim this offer is greatly appreciated as my old sierra's have seen better days :cry and was on the lookout for a new pair for the start of my salmon fishing on the Dee.  :z16

What is it you do for Marathon? my father used to be in and out of there quite a lot.

Kind regards Steven

Jim Eddie

« Reply #6 on: 26/01/2009 at 21:05 »
Steven

I'm a Contracts Analyst in the Supply Chain , what is your old mans name ? I'll leave the boots with Mike on 14th of Febuary then.

Jim

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #7 on: 26/01/2009 at 21:18 »
  Ok that would be brilliant, Thanks again jim! 

My old boy is Eddie Sinclair, we both work for Franks International, himself being shore based, myself offshore, infact come to think of it we used to go fishing with a couple of guys from Marathon (iirc i was only 9 or so :oops) the only name I can remember is Doug Pirie but Im sure he works overseas somewhere now.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #8 on: 26/01/2009 at 21:26 »
Steven

I know Doug well , worked with him in Aberdeen and Norway , he has been out in Indonesia for a couple of years now.  I don't think I knew your old man , but the name rings a bell though.

I'll stick the Korkers in the car , so if you are passing Marathon House before the 12th just ask for Jim Eddie at reception, I'm there most days but am usually in Peterhead on a Friday 

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com