Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

A great day for America
« on: 20/01/2009 at 18:26 »
Hi folks :cool:

At the age of 49, I have never sat down and watched a politician being sworn in.

Today, I watched President Barack Obama's inauguration ceremony :z16

I get the feeling that this was one of those big moments in history that should not be missed. I also get the feeling that this is a great day for America!

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Paul Rankine

Re: A great day for America
« Reply #1 on: 20/01/2009 at 18:44 »
Hi Mike,
            I agree. The world is waiting .
Paul.

Irvine Ross

« Reply #2 on: 20/01/2009 at 18:52 »
I get the feeling that this was one of those big moments in history that should not be missed. I also get the feeling that this is a great day for America!

Yes indeed!
I also hope it's the start of a better era for the rest of us as well.

Irvine

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 20/01/2009 at 19:26 »
He is the best political orator since , Kennedy perhaps. The worlds ecomomic future is on his shoulders. If he can get the US back on track the rest of the World will follow.

It was indeed a historic occasion , a day to remember , the death of Kennedy , the first man on the moon , the fall of the Berlin wall.

I wish him all the luck in the world , go Obama  :z16

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 21/01/2009 at 09:00 »
I was at a birthday party....but at least I know where I was when it happened ;)

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #5 on: 21/01/2009 at 09:04 »
Yea I watched bit of it also.

I cant help but think some redneck will turn a gun on him. Watching some of the responses made by stupid Americans juring the voting was absolutly sickening.

"we cant let him be president. He is an Ayrakie, have you not seen his name."

not to mention the fact that most of them also still hate African Americans. Which I cant beleive in this day and age. Its only a colour!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com