Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Re: can you name this loch New
« Reply #60 on: 16/01/2009 at 02:17 »
http://www.scottishhills.com/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3913

Here are some goot photos of look Brandy and the other loch next to it loch wharrel

Has anyone here fished Wharrel?
I found this wee quote
The craggy bowl of Loch Wharrel, popular with pike fishermen, is well defined to the left of this Corbett.  :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15   :z4

Derek McLaren

Re: can you name this loch
« Reply #61 on: 16/01/2009 at 09:32 »
Well i have found some water called monk myre  :z4 Maybe have to look into that  :wink

Stormon loch?
Drumellie?
Clunie?

No none of them,most of them are pikey  waaaaters,apart from monksmyre,some good pike caught iam told.

Derek McLaren

« Reply #62 on: 16/01/2009 at 10:27 »
http://www.scottishhills.com/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3913

Here are some goot photos of look Brandy and the other loch next to it loch wharrel

Has anyone here fished Wharrel?
I found this wee quote
The craggy bowl of Loch Wharrel, popular with pike fishermen, is well defined to the left of this Corbett.   :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15 :z15
 :z4

Cant get link to work

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #63 on: 16/01/2009 at 11:17 »

No none of them,most of them are pikey  waaaaters,apart from monksmyre,some good pike caught iam told.

fANCY A TRIP rOB?

Barry Robertson

« Reply #64 on: 16/01/2009 at 23:09 »
So where was the last photograph of then Derek?  ???

Derek McLaren

« Reply #65 on: 16/01/2009 at 23:14 »
So where was the last photograph of then Derek?  ???

It was a wee pond between blair and alyth and it was overfished by our overseas visitors, It was never run as a fishery as far as i know, we did fish it and managed a rainbow each.

really nice veiw though :z4

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #66 on: 16/01/2009 at 23:31 »
fANCY A TRIP rOB?

Nope!

I fished Clunie every weekend for 11 years..would never go back now. The place has been raped by the local "fruit pickers" if you get my meaning. Was there last winter for a go on the fly and as i waded in i got tangled in a set line. The banks where litter strewn and the "No Fishing, No Camping" signs had been torn down. The chap that owns the big house on the hill has had trouble with poachers on his bank etc etc.

Not the beautiful place I remembered. Biggest fish I know of was around 26 pounds..which is not big compared to what the place should have been able to produce.

Stormont is an SSSI..no fishing..although many years ago the Tayside branch of the PAC got acces for a couple of trips. All we found was 2 feet or water and 5 feet of silt. :(

Drumellie is in fact known as Marlee locally. Again, set lines..but not so bad due to poor access. Have had some nice fish from there over the years, with a fish of 36 pounds being taken 2 years ago....but it was found dead a month or so later :( Lures work well on it..but it could only be float tubed if on the fly. Out of the three lochs, this is the one i would concentrate on...

Barry Robertson

« Reply #67 on: 16/01/2009 at 23:34 »
Rob have you fished loch Wharrel, its suppose to hold Pike?

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com