Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

clark

anyone wanna go fishing ???
« on: 05/01/2009 at 20:13 »
Hey guys was looking out my my classroom window today and all i could think about was fishing !!! it was amazing !!! so i thought i better quench my thirst and do some early season rainbow fishing :z4 so was just wondering if anyone was planning on going fishing this weekend and didnt mind someone tagging along or if someone had the same flush of enthusiasm and wanted to go practice the fine art ????
If anyone wants to go, or maybe has some advice, if they could be so kind as to post a reply it would be greatly appreciated :z16
clark

Jim Eddie

Re: anyone wanna go fishing ???
« Reply #1 on: 05/01/2009 at 20:19 »
Clark why don't you get over to Inverurie on Saturday , get some practice in and meet some of the other forum members , I'm sure some of them would take you out some time.

Just wait a few years , once you have finished school and start work it all changes , you can then sit and look out the window at work and wish you were fishing  :z4

:z18

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #2 on: 05/01/2009 at 20:28 »
Or just flunk school clark and get a job offshore as a glorified labourer!
2 weeks off fishing once a month aint to bad  :z4
Once you have got 10 years in getting black the mortgage payments get easier  :z4

clark

« Reply #3 on: 05/01/2009 at 21:03 »
lol i dont know which one to choose  ??? ??? ??? ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!
clark

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #4 on: 05/01/2009 at 22:17 »
most of us are going to inverurie, well the ones that count anyway haha  :z4 :z7

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 05/01/2009 at 22:22 »
Oh i can count - especially fish  :shock!
just you work on getting the right amount of stamps on an envelope  :z16

clark

« Reply #6 on: 05/01/2009 at 22:35 »
well i will see what the weather is doing because if it is good weather i might just put up with the crap casting and go catch me some trout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :z2 :z2 :z2 :z4 :z4 :z4
clark

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 05/01/2009 at 22:39 »
well i will see what the weather is doing because if it is good weather i might just put up with the crap casting and go catch me some trout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :z2 :z2 :z2 :z4 :z4 :z4
clark

Aye, you can cast and catch trout fine clark ..... you just need a bit more practice with the releasing bit :z4  :z4 

Cheers
Mike

clark

« Reply #8 on: 05/01/2009 at 22:44 »
  :oops  :shock :oops  :shock :oops  :shock :oops  :shock :oops  :shock :oops

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 05/01/2009 at 22:46 »
Don't panick :shock ... I'm pulling your leg :z7 ... everybody has to learn sometime :wink

Cheers
Mike

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #10 on: 05/01/2009 at 22:50 »
Oh i can count - especially fish  :shock!
just you work on getting the right amount of stamps on an envelope  :z16

hehe yea i've managed to reach 2 now haha

clark

« Reply #11 on: 05/01/2009 at 23:03 »
have to admit that some of my releases havent beeen the most graceful ...............
but i have tried to make sure that all the fish i put back are not harmed in anyway but some of them just dont seem to get the message!!!!!! right i am away of to dream of of future fishing explorations  :z4  :z4  :z4  :z4

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 05/01/2009 at 23:07 »
That's cool clark ...... and why you are getting your leg pulled :z7 Nobody is going to fall out with somebody that is learning and trying their best :wink

Sweet dreams :z16

Cheers
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #13 on: 06/01/2009 at 07:33 »
Clark,

Don't listen to Baz and flunk school - as the teacher you have a responsibility to turn up! :grin
As for advice...........What about a beaded PTN? I fished a single one for 2 hours at Lochter on Sunday (HAD to get out of the house) and although there was a limited plot of water to fish due to the ice (stuck in the same place for 2 hours!) it was nice to hook 4 and land 3.
Usually at this time of year I'll opt for an Apps on the point and black and green buzzer on tit dropper but the beaded PTN is now 1st choice.

Iain

now get that maths homework done!!

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #14 on: 06/01/2009 at 08:48 »

Don't listen to Baz and flunk school -

At the risk of sounding like an old mannie, i concur with Iain fully. I did fine at school, then college and then an accelerated apprenticeship.
Now i too have 2 weeks off every month to go fishing, but also a fascinating job i love and i get to sleep in my own bed every night :z16
Plus it keeps me in fishing gear :z4

Only thing i would say , is it took me a couple of years of working to realise how i wanted to earn money, (hence the apprenticeship :wink)

So make it count :z18

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com