Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Re: What are you tying tonight?
« Reply #15 on: 30/12/2008 at 22:55 »
Thats a very proffesional looking setup Sandy!
Best not put a pic of mine up- i can barely see  the desk for all the diff bits of material pebble dashed everywhere  :oops

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #16 on: 30/12/2008 at 23:04 »
Thats a very proffesional looking setup Sandy!

Nah! This year i decided to start tying for fun again, so i got the nice new vice :z16 one of the best things i've ever bought , and it encourages you to tie in a more relaxed fashion. Something i was desperatley in need of doing :z6. When Sandra's Dad passed away we inherited the desk, so i stripped it, fixed it and refinished it, then managed to persuade her (somehow :z8) to let me keep it for flytying :grin That took some doing, but she aint getting it back now :z4.

Up until now its always been done on a fold up table in the corner of a room, and had to be tidied away afterwards, nice to have a "Cave" :z4

Sandy

Irvine Ross

« Reply #17 on: 31/12/2008 at 09:01 »
Sandy

Many thanks for the great step by step sequence. I got a lot more than I expected when I asked for the dressing.

Great photos. I have been playing about with my compact camera and it will not do flash in macro mode. Maybe because the flash gun is at the opposite end of the body to the lens. That's the sort of thing you don't notice when you look at them in the shop unless you are thinking about photographing flies.

Your "cave" must be great. I only have the table in the living room to tie on so everything has to be put away when I'm finished.

Maybe Mike could put some of the SBS photo sequences in the Virtual Flybox?

Cheers :z18

Irvine

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #18 on: 31/12/2008 at 12:17 »
Sandy

Many thanks for the great step by step sequence. I got a lot more than I expected when I asked for the dressing.

Great photos. I have been playing about with my compact camera and it will not do flash in macro mode. Maybe because the flash gun is at the opposite end of the body to the lens. That's the sort of thing you don't notice when you look at them in the shop unless you are thinking about photographing flies.

Your "cave" must be great. I only have the table in the living room to tie on so everything has to be put away when I'm finished.

Maybe Mike could put some of the SBS photo sequences in the Virtual Flybox?

Cheers :z18

Irvine

Just shine a light on it!  :z4

Barry Robertson

« Reply #19 on: 06/01/2009 at 15:40 »

Anyone tried tying or fishing anything like this, i cant close my mouth i like it that much  :grin

Mike Barrio

« Reply #20 on: 06/01/2009 at 16:04 »
Hi Baz

Nice video, yes I've tied similar flies without the jungle cock in the past and they've proved great fish catchers in most conditions, including on the river :wink

Cheers
Mike

Barry Robertson

Re: What are you tying tonight? New
« Reply #21 on: 08/01/2009 at 20:54 »

I had no jungle cock either so stuck some council tinsel in instead  :z16

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #22 on: 08/01/2009 at 21:42 »
Now thats looks the Mutts danglies :z12

Barry Robertson

« Reply #23 on: 08/01/2009 at 21:47 »
I even used the propper duck fluff , bronze mallard - pricey stuff :shock

Barry Robertson

« Reply #24 on: 18/01/2009 at 21:28 »
Does anyone tie buzzers with a hackle round the top of the hook like a spider / anyone got any photo's of patterns like this that they  would use on stillwaters?

:z18
Baz

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com