Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jonathan

Delgatie Trout Fishery
« on: 27/12/2008 at 19:39 »
Hi all

Best patterns last week bloodworm, buzzer, yellow dancer, cormorant and cats whiskers.

B. Grey fishing with bloodworm caught 5 rainbows and 1 blue total weight 19 lb 8oz and returned 14 fish up to 4 lb for his two 8 hr sessions.
A. Gibbson fishing with yellow dancer returned 12 fish up to 4 lb.
D. Grey fishing with bloodworm caught 5 rainbows and 1 blue total weight 19 lb 7oz and returned 4 fish up to 3 lb 8oz for his two 8 hr sessions.
I. Watt fishing with buzzer returned 8 fish up to 4lb.
R. Wickens fishing with buzzer caught 1 blue of 3lb which was tagged and won himself £85.00. He also returned 7 other fish up to 3lb 8oz.
P. Green fishing with bloodworm returned 4 fish up to 3 lb 8oz
A. Booth fishing with various lures caught 3 fish total weight 7 lb 9 oz

Boxing day prises went to following: I. watt won a bottle of whisky for catching the biggest fish. B. Grey won 12 tins of tennents for the most fish.

Wishing you all a happy new year

Re: Delgatie Trout Fishery
« Reply #1 on: 28/12/2008 at 18:53 »
Hello all.

Thought I'd register on the forum to thank Jonathan for a fantastic day out on Saturday.
First time at the fishery and only because we were supposed to be going to Pitfour lakes but they were frozen. Turned out to be a lucky decision after catching a tagged fish!
Loved the clear water and targeting visible fish. Very hard fighting as well with loads of blues.

Will be back again shortly.

Rob.

Jonathan

Re: Delgatie Trout Fishery
« Reply #2 on: 29/12/2008 at 17:51 »
Hi Rob.
Many thanks.

Jonathan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com