Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Re: MPH Swap
« Reply #15 on: 22/12/2008 at 20:33 »
Ok i think charity has had enough flies off of us lately so how about we all tie 11 flies and we can leave the 11th  spot available in case someone is intrested at the last minute.
If no one fills it which i doubt it i will make up the extra set.  :z18

Barry Robertson

« Reply #16 on: 22/12/2008 at 20:46 »
OK I have tied 11 Pheasant tail nymphs with claret UV thorax  ;D ;D  :z16 ,so lets hear what else will be on the menu   :z18
I reckon x small chatreuse wire and  died hot orange squirrel tail will be used in my ones  :wink oh and size 14  :z16

Derek McLaren

« Reply #17 on: 22/12/2008 at 22:17 »
I reckon x small chatreuse wire and  died hot orange squirrel tail will be used in my ones  :wink oh and size 14  :z16

Mine are size 12 but tied short  :z16

Iain Goolager

« Reply #18 on: 22/12/2008 at 23:03 »
Here he is.......

Beads on order - should start tying them between Christmas n New Year.

Iain

Barry Robertson

« Reply #19 on: 23/12/2008 at 05:55 »
Can you believe it!
Of all places to drop your ceramic bobbin holder, i go and do it out here where there are no shops to buy a replacement!
 :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad
You reckon Santa will be passing the Forties field?  :cry

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #20 on: 23/12/2008 at 08:27 »
Can you believe it!
Of all places to drop your ceramic bobbin holder, i go and do it out here where there are no shops to buy a replacement!

Oh dear, doubt it!  :z7

clark

« Reply #21 on: 24/12/2008 at 00:04 »
bigtroot is it strictly nymph only or can ibe a variation??? i was thinking along the lines of a phesant tail dabbler????

Mike Barrio

« Reply #22 on: 24/12/2008 at 00:45 »
Can you believe it!

Hi Baz :z16

I reckon this is your "Festive scrap heap challenge" :wink Your challenge being to make a replacement one out of ..... whatever "scrap stuff" you have out there :z7

Botch one up that works and post a photo of it on here ........ If I like your design, it works and it makes me laugh, I'll send you a prize :z16

Cheers
Mike

Barry Robertson

« Reply #23 on: 24/12/2008 at 01:10 »
Unfortunately my faithfull Bobbin is resting at the bottom of the sea bed - thats how mad i got! :oops
Otherwise i would of been well up for winning prizes  :z4
But getting home today instead of the 29th so maybe its not to bad after all!
Already ordered a couple of new ones so hopefully i will have them before the new year!

Barry Robertson

« Reply #24 on: 24/12/2008 at 01:15 »
bigtroot is it strictly nymph only or can ibe a variation??? i was thinking along the lines of a phesant tail dabbler????

Hi Clark,

Probably best tying something that you have done before and you know catches fish!
Variations are good as it gives us all new ideas on future patterns  :z16

Barry Robertson

« Reply #25 on: 29/12/2008 at 15:23 »
:z15Come on, only 1 more place left to fill :z15
 :z16

« Reply #26 on: 29/12/2008 at 17:29 »
Hello all,
New to the forum so I thought I would introduce myself by entering the fly swap as I see you need a gap filled. I mean position :oops If that's alright.
I have a cheeky Diawl that's been doing the damage for me lately and looks like a true devil in all senses of the word being red and black.
Cheers Rob.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #27 on: 29/12/2008 at 17:35 »
Welcome onboard anyway Rob and thanks for taking part  :z16
Like i said any queeries feel free to ask away  :grin

Alex Burnett

« Reply #28 on: 29/12/2008 at 18:04 »
Hi Baz

That's the size 14 weighted Pheasant Tails done,  :z4 sorry about the picture,  :oops not feeling too good, got the FLU. :z6

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow but will make a start on the Montana's when I am feeling a bit better. :z16

Alex

Iain Goolager

« Reply #29 on: 29/12/2008 at 18:36 »
Baz,

Green PTN's c/w 2.5mm Copper coloured Tungsten beads done & will be in the post tomorrow 1st thing - they are tied on size 12's not 14's.

off for a glass or 2 of vino......hic!

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com