Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Re: MPH Swap
« Reply #105 on: 20/01/2009 at 22:44 »
Well well folks Clark has decided with a week to go he cant make the dedline and is pulling out!
If anyone wants to jump in at the last minute there is a spare space  :z4
If not dont worry i will sort something out  :wink

Alex Burnett

« Reply #106 on: 21/01/2009 at 07:21 »
Baz

You can always use one of the extra sets I tied to replace the missing set & keep the hooks that are left (the ones that would have gone to Clarky) for the next Charity bundle:z16

Alex

Hamish Young

« Reply #107 on: 21/01/2009 at 10:05 »
Well, my flies went in the post yesterday (finally  :roll:z16

Barry Robertson

« Reply #108 on: 21/01/2009 at 11:14 »
Baz

You can always use one of the extra sets I tied to replace the missing set & keep the hooks that are left (the ones that would have gone to Clarky) for the next Charity bundle:z16

Alex

Thanks for that Alex , lets just see what happens anyway but wee have more than enough flies to complete the swap.
Any ideas what we will do with the spare set of flies ??? Maybe an auction and money raised to go to River Don Brown Trout Improvement Association ???
Just an idea  :wink

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #109 on: 21/01/2009 at 11:18 »
Maybe an auction and money raised to go to River Don Brown Trout Improvement Association ???

I think thats a great idea

Mike Barrio

« Reply #110 on: 21/01/2009 at 11:54 »
Maybe an auction and money raised to go to River Don Brown Trout Improvement Association ???
Just an idea  :wink

Hi Baz

I think that is an excellent idea! :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Alex Burnett

« Reply #111 on: 21/01/2009 at 14:29 »
Maybe an auction and money raised to go to River Don Brown Trout Improvement Association
Just an idea 

Aye Baz

Sounds good to me, if you want I could send you a few extras, just to make it interesting along with the Goldheads.

Alex

Hamish Young

« Reply #112 on: 21/01/2009 at 15:45 »
A very generous offer from one and all  :z16
I'd like to suggest that the funds raised from that sale are split 50/50 with the River Don Trust  :z17
Would that meet with everyones approval :?

Hamish  :z3

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #113 on: 21/01/2009 at 15:47 »
A very generous offer from one and all  :z16
I'd like to suggest that the funds raised from that sale are split 50/50 with the River Don Trust  :z17
Would that meet with everyones approval :?

Hamish  :z3

True but they are all "trout flies" so..... hehe just being a pest. Probably for the best.

clark

« Reply #114 on: 21/01/2009 at 17:42 »
Hey guys soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry i just can find the time to tie the flies because i have a load of exams coming up and i cant spare the time :cry :cry :cry
deepest apologies clark

Barry Robertson

« Reply #115 on: 24/01/2009 at 13:34 »
Flies received today Hamish,
Thanks again  :z16

Just spoke to josh and i will get his flies when i get home on Tuesday, all going well i will post the flies out to all participants on Wednesday morning  :z16

Barry Robertson

« Reply #116 on: 24/01/2009 at 13:50 »
Sounds good to me, if you want I could send you a few extras, just to make it interesting along with the Goldheads.

Alex

How are they goldheads coming along anyway  :z4

Derek McLaren

« Reply #117 on: 24/01/2009 at 14:08 »
Flies received today Hamish,
Thanks again  :z16

Just spoke to josh and i will get his flies when i get home on Tuesday, all going well i will post the flies out to all participants on Wednesday morning  :z16

Oh it will be like Christmas all over again :z4   :z4,looking forward to all the variants :z16

Alex Burnett

« Reply #118 on: 24/01/2009 at 14:16 »
How are they goldheads coming along anyway  :z4

Goldheads will be in the post Monday, along with a DVD for your PC.  :z16
Do you want some extra flees for the auction?

Alex

Barry Robertson

« Reply #119 on: 24/01/2009 at 15:42 »
I think we should be fine for flies thanks Alex  :z16
Here is my thinking  :z6
Normally when we have 11 tiers you should expect 11 flies back to youreself including one of your own flies, i was planning on keeping that 1 fly that you normally get returned to youreself  that you tied youreself as no one really needs 1 of there own flies back.
This will give one more set of 11 and if i add them to clarks 11 that gives us 22 flies for auction which is more than enough i reckon  :z16

But seing as you contributed 4 sets we have 26 flies up for auction in a nice wee box  :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com