Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Stefan Siikavaara

Re: Winter Outcast Gathering?
« Reply #120 on: 14/03/2009 at 22:58 »
Hi Mike!

Thank you, looks like a nice place you got here! Many familiar names too.

Our hall is very long but the ceeling is a bit lower than in your hall. Then thereīs all kinds of shit hanging from the roof, cables, lamps and we constantly need to clear it from ropes and wires hanging down. The hall is being used for fairs and the like so they hang up signs and I donīt know what from the ceeling. 

But when you find a clear lane and manage to keep the line in it itīs a wondeful place to spend a cold winters day.  :grin

Tomorrow is the big day of the week btw. Got all the lines cleaned and I hope I still have some juice left in the arms, been painting walls and cooking all day...

Best regards
Stefan 

Mike Barrio

« Reply #121 on: 14/03/2009 at 23:06 »
Have fun tomorrow Stefan :z16

Ben and Hamish are bringing all the latest Orvis toys over to the lake, so we'll be playing too! :z3

Best wishes
Mike

Magnus Angus

« Reply #122 on: 15/03/2009 at 01:29 »
Stefan - is that you? Stesiik?

Stefan Siikavaara

« Reply #123 on: 15/03/2009 at 08:13 »
Hi Magnus!

Sure! Is that you? Magnum?  :z12

Best regards
Stefan

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #124 on: 15/03/2009 at 08:42 »
HI Stefan

Welcome to our Forum, good to hear from you.
Hopefully we'll all get to catch up in May :z16

Sandy

Magnus Angus

« Reply #125 on: 15/03/2009 at 10:35 »
 :z4 :z4 :z4

Moose curry?

paavo

« Reply #126 on: 15/03/2009 at 13:10 »
Tjenare Stefan
Welcome to the forum.

//Harri

Stefan Siikavaara

« Reply #127 on: 15/03/2009 at 22:03 »
Hi Harri!

Thanks! Kitos?

Hi Sandy!

Thanks!! We casted some in Dunkeld right? Itīs going to be great to come back to Scotland in May and meet all of you!

Hi Magnus!

Yepp!! Do you cook? I'd say for tandoori marinating moose beats any lamb hands down. Itīs not conventional I know, but the quality of the meat I got hold off is just exceptional. I bought a half moose calve a few months ago, a well tendered yearling. Get that taste of the wild to clash with the hebs and spices of indian cousine and you got something really special. If you do cook I could write down the recepie for making Moose Tandoori Madras, it will blow your socks off.  :z12

Oh yeah, nearly forgot! We had a great day in the hall. I could not do any real distance today, that painting and sanding had turned my arms to yelly. But I did a lot of precision and presentation stuff, it went resonable well.

The guys I train with are getting so damn good, I swear it took me more than 15 years of mad practise to learn to cast like one of the guys that started training with us last fall. The whole group are good casters but this guy has an unbelivable talent. He popped a couple of +115 ft casts with the 5wt the last time. WTH, with only 5-6 months of practice.   

Best Regards
Stefan

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #128 on: 16/03/2009 at 07:44 »

Hi Sandy!

Thanks!! We casted some in Dunkeld right? Itīs going to be great to come back to Scotland in May and meet all of you!

Sure did  :z18 tracking  and rotation mainly :z16

The guys I train with are getting so damn good, I swear it took me more than 15 years of mad practise to learn to cast like one of the guys that started training with us last fall. The whole group are good casters but this guy has an unbelivable talent. He popped a couple of +115 ft casts with the 5wt the last time. WTH, with only 5-6 months of practice.   

Funnily enough this doesn't surprise me at all  :grin

Sandy

Magnus Angus

« Reply #129 on: 17/03/2009 at 09:45 »
Hi Stefan

I cook but not Moose :) Hamish on the other hand will curry damned near anything.

Is your protege coming to the Don? Is this Fredrick ?

Stefan Siikavaara

« Reply #130 on: 17/03/2009 at 12:38 »
Hi Magnus!

Wow! Seems like I need to talk curry with Hamish then.  :grin

I've tried very hard to get Fredrik to join us at the meet but he is a student and you know how tight the money can be. But, I managed to convince a few other Swedes so you will get to meet Christer and his wife. Christer is an annoying caster too.  :z7

Best regards
Stefan

Hamish Young

« Reply #131 on: 17/03/2009 at 19:45 »
Someone mention curry :?

Stefan Siikavaara

« Reply #132 on: 18/03/2009 at 12:34 »
Hi Hamish!

Yepp!  :z3

Have you tried using game for Tandoori?

And do you use celery in your Madras and Vindaloo?

This is not OT, Itīs all related to flyfishing anyway. A proper curry makes you cast better.  :wink

Best regards
Stefan

Hamish Young

« Reply #133 on: 18/03/2009 at 13:36 »
Have you tried using game for Tandoori?

Oh yes indeed, Roe Deer vension, Pheasant, Rabbit and Pigeon have all graced my table tandooried  :wink

And do you use celery in your Madras and Vindaloo?

No, I have used celeriac though  :z17

This is not OT, Itīs all related to flyfishing anyway. A proper curry makes you cast better.  :wink

Just so, a following wind is important  :z7

Hamish  :z3

Stefan Siikavaara

« Reply #134 on: 18/03/2009 at 14:14 »
Hi Hamish!

Great! I expect your Vension to be pretty close to our moose in taste.

Celeriac is great, I use it a lot. You should really have a go with celery. For anything with tomato in itīs the bomb. And carrot naturally.

Also, I got some special russian mustard powder that I use for the Vindaloo. I will bring some to you.

There is a brand of canned cherry tomatoes here that is absolutely great. Do you use anything like that?

Best regards
Stefan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com