Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Re: Winter Outcast Gathering?
« Reply #90 on: 10/01/2009 at 21:18 »
Who was the chancer trying to get away with wearing a pink hat?, i knew it wouldnt be long before it caught on  :wink

Paul Rankine

« Reply #91 on: 10/01/2009 at 21:40 »
Cheers Mike ,
                   Thanks to all for that , really enjoyed it. Glad you have no video of the LH casting !!  :wink
Look forward to the next one .

Paul.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #92 on: 10/01/2009 at 21:44 »
Mike,

That video is almost disturbing, no wonder folk where chucking things at us, good fun  :z4

Baz, that would probably be me in the "pink" (orange) hat  :z4

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #93 on: 10/01/2009 at 21:51 »
Mike,

That video is almost disturbing, no wonder folk where chucking things at us, good fun  :z4

Baz, that would probably be me in the "pink" (orange) hat  :z4

Ben

Yeah, I'm hoping Hamish and Iain got some better clips than I did :z3

Ben Dixon

« Reply #94 on: 10/01/2009 at 21:57 »
Mike,

Its not that it was not a good video clip, it is more the content and what it must have look like to the "uneducated observer".  We had people sitting on a chair casting fishing rods in a sportshall  :z4

Which local rag was that photographer from?

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #95 on: 10/01/2009 at 22:39 »
Which local rag was that photographer from?

Ben

I think he said "The Sun"? :roll

Ben Dixon

« Reply #96 on: 10/01/2009 at 22:41 »

The what Mike??!!  :shock

Could handle it making the inverurie Herald or something as no one reads that  :z4

Whens the next meet planned for?

Ben

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #97 on: 10/01/2009 at 22:47 »
thats a good vid mike. someone will have to get the paper we will be in lol

Mike Barrio

« Reply #98 on: 10/01/2009 at 22:50 »
Not sure when the next one will be Ben ......... I could ask the Paparazzi fella, maybe he'll sponsor us?

I guess we'll go with the original plan and go for another gathering on grass in March sometime? Unless the weather gets much, much better :wink

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #99 on: 11/01/2009 at 00:16 »
The casting games were fun, (thanks Peter & Kevin) and highlighted a couple of things for me. Firstly, it is a good few years since I've even attempted to cast with my left hand :z6 the last time I tried it, I gave up very quickly :cry Today, I found the timing and tracking with my left arm reasonably easy ...... it was the holding & gripping of the rod with my left hand that I struggled with :z3 One to work on perhaps, as I can see a lot of advantages in being able to cast with both hands, especially on the river.

Secondly, I realised that I'm not comfortable with obstacles and snags behind me and these make me lose concentration. My "sparring partner" in the games quickly pointed out that I was not going to hit the target in front of me if I kept looking over my shoulder to see where my line was :z7 This will obviously be the case on the river too, when I have trees etc behind me ....... yes I need to work on this :z17

Great stuff
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #100 on: 11/01/2009 at 09:42 »

:z4  :z4  :z4 ...... it will probably be the Inverurie Herald or Advertiser if they are interested in the photo and these are usually in the shops on a Thursday.

Cheers
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #101 on: 11/01/2009 at 10:09 »
A few pics from the day, I was playing around with camera settings so not all brilliant shots I'm afraid  :z10
I have some video that needs 'tweaking' a bit before it's aired  :wink

Iain gets started on the double haul, we all watch  :wink

Magnus and Ben advise on technique.

Eureka :!

Mike, beard and Alex look on  :cool:

Martyn, Cameron and Paul warming up.

Mike goes for it with the Rajeef practice rod and the shooting head.............

Casting games.

Paul waits for the take...................

An interesting afternoon, am sure we all got something from it  :z18

Hamish  :z3

Iain Goolager

« Reply #102 on: 11/01/2009 at 11:24 »
Another well received gathering,

Thanks Ben and Paul for pointing out two areas of concern in my casting which I will be working on.

Well done Mike for organising the event and The 'Ringmaster' for organising the games.

It was good to see Camerons' friend Martyn benefitting from the tuition available - I wish I could have been exposed to this extensive expertise when I was starting out.

another success.

Can't wait to get outside again.

Iain

stickleback

« Reply #103 on: 11/01/2009 at 11:28 »
Looks like great fun was had by one and all, but what's that furry looking thing that's being cast near the end of the video clip - it looks like a ferret !?!  :z4

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #104 on: 11/01/2009 at 12:58 »
Another well received gathering,

Thanks Ben and Paul for pointing out two areas of concern in my casting which I will be working on.

Well done Mike for organising the event and The 'Ringmaster' for organising the games.

It was good to see Camerons' friend Martyn benefitting from the tuition available - I wish I could have been exposed to this extensive expertise when I was starting out.

another success.

Can't wait to get outside again.

Iain

yea he found it very helpful. He called me last night around 11pm to tell me we went and bought a super cheap new rod off ebay, its a shakesprear so we will have to see what its like.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com