Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Winter Outcast Gathering?
« Reply #45 on: 29/12/2008 at 22:54 »
:cool:

By my rough calculation, it should just about be big enough to cast distance diagonally  :grin

Ben

........... :z4

But most of us will be ok going straight up the middle :z7

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #46 on: 30/12/2008 at 02:31 »
Hi folks :cool:

We have a dozen names confirmed for this already ....... which is perfect for an indoor event :z12

I think we would maybe have space for a couple more folk, if anybody else is keen to come along, but I think it would be sensible to say 16 max :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Outcasts / Forum members ..... Confirmed bookings:

Mike "Mike Barrio"
Ben "Ben_D"
Magnus "magnus"
Hamish "Hamish"
Irvine "Hares Lug"
Peter "rabbitangler"
Kevin "Kevin Muir"
Alex "Catman"
Iain "goolager"
Paul "grhe"
Stuart "Stuart Forsyth"
Cameron "luckyshot66"
Martin "Martynfishyface"

Kevin Muir

« Reply #47 on: 30/12/2008 at 10:26 »
Hi Mike

I will be there, I will check with Peter to confirm that he can make it.

I will get back to you later today.

Kevin.

stickleback

« Reply #48 on: 30/12/2008 at 18:57 »
Would really have liked to go but unfortunately work commitments prevent me from making it (again)  :cry
I'm hoping the next time will be third time lucky.  All the best.

Cammy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #49 on: 30/12/2008 at 19:58 »
Hi Mike

I will be there, I will check with Peter to confirm that he can make it.

I will get back to you later today.

Kevin.

Hi Kevin
Welcome to the forum :z16

Yes, I have you and Peter confirmed on the list, as Peter already booked your places. Hope you enjoy it as much as you did in Dunkeld :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Ben Dixon

« Reply #50 on: 30/12/2008 at 22:15 »
Good Show Mike  :z16

I may have some new 2009 toys with me provided Hamish can promise to play nicely  :z4

Cheers

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #51 on: 30/12/2008 at 22:50 »
Good Show Mike  :z16

I may have some new 2009 toys with me provided Hamish can promise to play nicely  :z4

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben
New toys ..... cool :z16

The Garioch Sports Centre in Inverurie is booked and paid for :wink

As long as the current 12 folk turn up on the day, the cost per person will be £11 ( this would go up on the day by approx £1 for each person that does not turn up / or will come down by approx £1 for each person that increases our numbers above 12 )

Best wishes
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #52 on: 31/12/2008 at 00:29 »

:z13 Funny boy  :wink

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #53 on: 31/12/2008 at 12:18 »
:z13 Funny boy  :wink

You'll never hear the end of it huh..........  :z7

Mike Barrio

« Reply #54 on: 05/01/2009 at 07:52 »
Hi folks :cool:
Not long to go now ....... cool :z16

For those that haven't been there before, the Garioch Sports Centre in Inverurie is easy to find. Coming off the roundabout in to Inverurie at the top end of the A96, you'll pass the police station on your right and have Morrisons supermarket on your left, when you reach the next roundabout the first exit goes in to morrisons and the petrol station, take the second exit which goes in to Burghmuir Drive and the sports centre is a couple of hundred yards on your right. Opposite the old I&K Motors site (which they now use for servicing) and the Strathburn Hotel. The sports centre has a website at http://www.gariochsports.co.uk/

As per the last Outcasts Gathering, please do not bring all your tackle with you ..... we do not want anybody losing/dropping flies or hooks in an area that other folk will be using! Just bring rods and lines that you would like to try on the day, plus leader material and some wool to tie on the end :wink

It would be nice to get some videos, if you have digital camcorders?

Peter and Ben, have you guys thought about a couple of games we can try, with the hoops etc?

I'm looking forward to Saturday :cool:
Cheers
Mike

Peter McCallum

« Reply #55 on: 05/01/2009 at 16:59 »
I'm assuming the centre will have stands that hold badminton nets etc that we could use to tie hoops on or even use for limboing under Mike. Can you check please??

Peter

Mike Barrio

« Reply #56 on: 05/01/2009 at 17:17 »
I'm assuming the centre will have stands that hold badminton nets etc that we could use to tie hoops on or even use for limboing under Mike. Can you check please??

Peter

I hadn't thought about that Peter, I was thinking about the hoops simply being on the floor for some reason :roll

If I get a chance over the next couple of days I'll nip in and ask them. Are any of the games easier to set up on a floor rather than hanging hoops? I can't remember :oops

Cheers
Mike

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #57 on: 05/01/2009 at 22:20 »
I hadn't thought about that Peter, I was thinking about the hoops simply being on the floor for some reason :roll

If I get a chance over the next couple of days I'll nip in and ask them. Are any of the games easier to set up on a floor rather than hanging hoops? I can't remember :oops

Cheers
Mike

I heat tailing loops are pretty easy hahahahaah  :oops

Irvine Ross

« Reply #58 on: 06/01/2009 at 13:56 »
Mike

Are they fussy about footware on the sports floor? Some games halls insist you change your shoes so you don't bring muck and grit in from the street. :z8

Irvine

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #59 on: 06/01/2009 at 14:12 »
Mike

Are they fussy about footware on the sports floor? Some games halls insist you change your shoes so you don't bring muck and grit in from the street. :z8

Irvine

Good point, Ill bring some clean shoes :D

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com