Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Mundie

Re: Ice Updates
« Reply #30 on: 14/12/2008 at 01:45 »
Just home from a gig and its still p*****g it down temp has dropped to 3c so hope it dont hinder the big ice melt as i might get a chance to come along.

Dave

Mike Barrio

« Reply #31 on: 14/12/2008 at 21:02 »
Hi folks :cool:

Was a bit wet in the morning, but turned out a nice day :cool: Haddo is now more or less ice free and the fish were rising quite a lot for the time of year ...... almost all day in fact.

Just two anglers came along to try their luck today ..... Alex "catman" tempted 13 fish up to 8 lb and "dave23" netted 4 fish up to 5 lb.

No bookings tomorrow, but the fishery is open :wink

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

« Reply #32 on: 16/12/2008 at 21:38 »

Water was great today, I have a couple of bookings for tomorrow and Thursday and it is looking a tad milder for the weekend ....... all of which is good news :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #33 on: 26/12/2008 at 13:58 »
Haddo Trout Fishery (Friday 26th)

Quite a bit of ice on the water today, but nice and thin :z6

Saturday: (Fully booked) should be OK for Saturday, as long as we don't get a frost tonight I will be able to break up the ice reasonably quickly in the morning.

Sunday: ( one boat available ) Should be OK for Sunday, but will update on Saturday evening as conditions will obviously depend on what happens between now and then.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #34 on: 27/12/2008 at 17:47 »

Yes, the ice was very thin at Haddo this morning and I cleared it in no time at all. By the time we packed up this afternoon the loch was totally clear.

Should fish well tomorrow as the fish were rising this afternoon once things warmed up a bit.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #35 on: 02/01/2009 at 11:14 »

A pretty cool start to 2009 this morning, with my car registering minus 3 to minus 5 on the way to work. Another early morning type frost, as it was fairly mild last night and certainly not that nippy when I got up.

Haddo is frozen over this morning, it is not what I would call thick ice, but it is totally covered :z6

I have a good few bookings for this weekend and looking at the loch ...... I would guess that there might be a slight possibility of me being able to open tomorrow, but this will very much depend on today's temperatures and of course whether or not we get more frost tonight :roll I certainly would not recommend coming if you are travelling any distance :z17

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

« Reply #36 on: 03/01/2009 at 10:29 »

Another cold night and the ice was much thicker this morning. Haddo is frozen and the fishery is closed today. Looking at conditions, I guess tomorrow will be the same story :z6

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Andy Wren

« Reply #37 on: 04/01/2009 at 10:29 »
Mike if this freeze goes on you could open as an Ice rink ,its even fressing on the margins of the Chalk streams !

Happy new year to you all from a sub zero London !

Mike Barrio

« Reply #38 on: 06/01/2009 at 13:40 »

Haddo is still frozen this morning, looking about 1.5 to 2 inches thick and not quite thick enough to be walking around on :wink

It was thawing nicely and had a few puddles on top as the morning pregressed, so if we don't get any more frost I would think there will be a chance of breaking it up the day after tomorrow ...... or it might even be sorting itself out by then. But no fishing tomorrow I'm afraid :z3

Best wishes
Mike

Jonathan

Delgatie ICE
« Reply #39 on: 07/01/2009 at 18:10 »
Hi all.

Just to let you all know that Delgatie is half frozen. You can still fish at the top end on the boat, jettie and a bit of the bank and also near the fish ladder.
It is slowly melting away.

Best Regards
Jonathan

Barry Robertson

« Reply #40 on: 08/01/2009 at 15:21 »
Hows the Ice Mike?
Fishable tomorrow you reckon?

Mike Barrio

« Reply #41 on: 08/01/2009 at 16:08 »
Hows the Ice Mike?
Fishable tomorrow you reckon?

Hi Baz :z16

The loch was thawing nicely yesterday, but last night's frost has put us right back where we started. The ice is quite thick again and will need a couple of mild days before I can think about trying to clear it.

Cheers
Mike

Jonathan

Re: Delgatie ICE
« Reply #42 on: 08/01/2009 at 17:25 »
Hi all

Not much of a difference, same as yesterday.

Jonathan

Mike Barrio

« Reply #43 on: 09/01/2009 at 16:27 »
Yes, Haddo is still very much frozen today I'm afraid :z6

So, no fishing tomorrow Saturday and I feel there is unlikely to be any change on Sunday, as the darkness is drawing in just now and it looks like clear skies again tonight.

Best wishes
Mike

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #44 on: 09/01/2009 at 19:02 »
Just took Daniel out to Football and the car was frozen, temp gauge reading minus 2 and the stars look real pretty :z10

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com