Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Doyle

Re: Ice Updates
« Reply #15 on: 03/12/2008 at 20:20 »
Really Mike!!  what sort of customer care is this?  you could have swum around Haddo to ensure it was ice free!!   I dont now what the fishing world is coming to lol :grin :grin :z7

Jim Eddie

« Reply #16 on: 03/12/2008 at 20:25 »
So a boat on Saturday is out of the question then  :z4 Looks like it will be Christmas shopping and putting the tree up for me  :cry

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 03/12/2008 at 20:28 »
Hi Jim .... fooled you! :z7

This is plan number 274 and it works ...... the cormorants can't get my fish now :z4  :z4  :z4

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #18 on: 03/12/2008 at 20:31 »
Oh nooo ..... two Jims :shock

Yes, not looking good for Saturday, the ice is slowly getting thicker and it looks like we are in for a few rather cool nights too :z6

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #19 on: 03/12/2008 at 20:44 »
Just come past there on my way home & between Oldmeldrum & Turriff varied from -6°c & -8.5°C.  :shock  :shock

Alex

Hi Alex

I thought it was going to come down to something like that tonight ...... :z3

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #20 on: 05/12/2008 at 13:11 »
Hi folks :cool:

All the snow is disappearing nicely, but the temperature at Haddo is still pretty low and I didn't take the water temperature because it is still frozen :z4 ..... being so sheltered is not always an advantage.

The ice is somewhere between 1.5 and 2 inches thick this morning, so it will take a while to clear yet :z6

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

« Reply #21 on: 07/12/2008 at 11:55 »

Air temps are up to about 4 degrees this morning ( according to my car ) and the ice melt, although slow, is coming along nicely. Haddo is still 100% frozen, but the ice is thinner today and is just over an inch thick. Looking good for about Tuesday ....... hopefully :wink

Drove past Lochter on the way over ...... there were 5 anglers fishing the "troot" loch, which appeared to be clear and the loch on the car park side of the road looked to be about 50% clear of ice.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

« Reply #22 on: 08/12/2008 at 21:52 »

Haddo was still totally frozen today I'm afraid :z6

Best wishes
Mike

Alex Burnett

« Reply #23 on: 09/12/2008 at 07:15 »
Mike

Still pretty cold coming through Oldmeldrum this morning, at 6am it fluctuating between 0°C & 1°C so guess the loch will not be thawing out in a hurry. :cry  :cry  :cry

We need to get a shivering Smilie.  :wink

Alex

Alex Burnett

« Reply #24 on: 11/12/2008 at 10:07 »
Hi Mike

Very cold coming through Oldmeldrum this morning, at 6:15am it was fluctuating between -1.5°C & -2°C so guess the loch will now be getting thicker especially after all the rain,  :cry  :cry  :cry a lot of black ice on the road this morning.

Alex

Mike Barrio

« Reply #25 on: 11/12/2008 at 13:06 »
Yes ..... Haddo is still frozen I'm afraid Alex :z3

Best wishes
Mike

Edit = ..... Inverurie is sitting at -2 at 6.30 tonight already :shock

sightbob

« Reply #26 on: 11/12/2008 at 20:56 »
that's a nice holiday you're having mike :z4 :z4

perk of the job.  :z3

:z18
brian

Paul Rankine

« Reply #27 on: 12/12/2008 at 20:25 »
Hi Mike,
           How's it looking for the weekend ?
Peeing down here in Ellon tonight .

Paul.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #28 on: 12/12/2008 at 20:45 »
Hi Paul

Spent most of the day over at the loch today, bailing out boats etc etc.

Ice was still about an inch+ thick, but it was a bit milder today. I am going over again tomorrow and am hoping that I might be able to go out and smash it up ...... as long as it stays nice and mild tonight to help thin the ice a wee bit more :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #29 on: 13/12/2008 at 12:58 »

Just back from Haddo, the ice is thinning out nicely in this rain and milder temps, so I will try to open tomorrow :wink

The loch often fishes well after a spell of ice ..... so fingers crossed :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com