Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Ice Updates
« on: 28/11/2008 at 11:10 »
Hi folks :cool:

Haddo froze last night ( pity cause it was fishing well yesterday :z6 ) and the current temperature in the area is 0.5 degrees, with no wind ....... so the ice is actually getting worse today rather than clearing :cry

Unless there is a major change in the weather, it is unlikely that the fishery will be open this weekend :oops

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Paul Rankine

Re: Ice Updates
« Reply #1 on: 28/11/2008 at 12:56 »
Hi Mike,
           That's a bummer . Well , I,m still not going Christmas shopping . I,m not !! 
Let's know .  :roll
Paul.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 28/11/2008 at 16:40 »
Big minus numbers all weekend :( Thats curtailed my fishing..grrrrrr

Andy Wren

« Reply #3 on: 28/11/2008 at 19:02 »
Time to run a chalk stream though it  :z12
Will be out on sunday on "my" bit of the Kennet , 10 fishers  kelly kettle tea , a big sirloin sandwich of the BBQ around 1pm with a few cheeky reds :z18 ,and the river will flow clear even with huge frosts  :z16
Dont get too cold !

Peter McCallum

« Reply #4 on: 28/11/2008 at 19:30 »
Time to run a chalk stream though it  :z12
Will be out on sunday on "my" bit of the Kennet , 10 fishers  kelly kettle tea , a big sirloin sandwich of the BBQ around 1pm with a few cheeky reds :z18 ,and the river will flow clear even with huge frosts  :z16
Dont get too cold !

Ok rub it in why don't you!! :grin :z4

Iain Goolager

« Reply #5 on: 28/11/2008 at 20:28 »
I'll be on the Isla tomorrow with a flask of Horlicks, hard loafed cheese sandwiches and a few cheeky scotch eggs :z7

Jim Eddie

« Reply #6 on: 28/11/2008 at 20:46 »
Let us know how you get on Iain, is it the strathmore water you fish ?  I enjoyed the Earn despite the cold and lack of sucess (it beats a day in the office) but its a 250 mile round trip from Peterhead so its 4 hours driving 4 hours fishing , the Isla is not so far.

:z18

Jim

Iain Goolager

« Reply #7 on: 28/11/2008 at 20:54 »
Will do Jim,

and the camera will be at hand just in case a ........I'm not going to jinx myself....fish appears!

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 30/11/2008 at 11:20 »

Haddo is still very much frozen :z6 and temps throughout the week are going to continue to be low. Looks like there is a possibility of a bit of snow tomorrow and maybe quite a bit on Tuesday too.

Hmmm ..... could be a few days before I can open the fishery again :z3

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 01/12/2008 at 14:18 »

Temperatures fairly improved throughout the night, but the loch was still frozen this morning. I will come back with another update tomorrow :wink

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Paul Rankine

« Reply #10 on: 01/12/2008 at 17:11 »
Thanks for that Mike . Maybe you should have an ice alert icon on the site !!
Paul.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #11 on: 03/12/2008 at 15:04 »
Haddo Trout Fishery ... 3/12/08

Here is today's update ........ photos taken just after midday

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Alex Burnett

« Reply #12 on: 03/12/2008 at 15:15 »
Haddo Trout Fishery ... 3/12/08

Here is today's update ........ photos taken just after midday

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike

Recon you  need to plan a "Bring a bit of wood" party at the hut otherwise I will have nothing to do this weekend. :z4  :z4  :z4

Alex

Ben Dixon

« Reply #13 on: 03/12/2008 at 19:44 »
That looks cold  :shock  I would put money on the hut still being warmer than my cottage though

Ben

Alex Burnett

« Reply #14 on: 03/12/2008 at 20:16 »
That looks cold  :shock  I would put money on the hut still being warmer than my cottage though

Ben

Dunno Ben

Just come past there on my way home & between Oldmeldrum & Turriff varied from -6°c & -8.5°C.  :shock  :shock

Alex

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com