Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Ice Updates
« Reply #90 on: 29/01/2009 at 14:15 »
Hows Haddo today Mike?

Hi Baz

Still frozen I'm afraid, about an inch thick around the boats and a bit thinner in the middle, with a couple of wee holes starting to appear above the springs.

If it stays as mild as this tonight, I might possibly be able to break it up tomorrow :z8

Best wishes
Mike

Jonathan

« Reply #91 on: 29/01/2009 at 16:32 »
Hi all

We are 3/4 and over ice free as of 15:00 Hrs today.
We can only hope that it is a frost free night.

Jonathan 

GARYBOY

« Reply #92 on: 29/01/2009 at 18:37 »
HOPE IT STAYS CLEAR FOR WEEKEND  :z16 :z16 HAVNT GOT TO DELGATIE THIS YEAR YET DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ON A SUNDAY :z8 :z8

Jim Eddie

« Reply #93 on: 29/01/2009 at 19:14 »
Gary

There's a wee key on your keyboard called Caps Lock , just give a tap mate  :wink Its consided bad form to type in upper case on tinternet. It equates to shouting  :wink

:z18

Jim

Jonathan

« Reply #94 on: 30/01/2009 at 14:26 »
Hi all

We are totally ice free.
lets hope it stays like this

Jonathan

Mike Barrio

« Reply #95 on: 30/01/2009 at 18:29 »
Hi folks :cool:

There was still a wee bit of ice about at Haddo this morning, but this was quickly cleared ..... and we had a cracking day :z16

At last ........ we can fish! :wink

Jim Doyle netted 25 fish up to 10+ lb for his session today, "bigtroot" Baz had 23 up to 4 lb, Jim Adie 17 up to 7½ lb and Sandy Reid tempted 8 fish up to 3 lb. "catman" Alex waited for a text to say the water was fishable, then came along at midday and caught 20 fish up to 10½ lb in three hours :z15  :z15  :z15

Best wishes
Mike

PS: Haddo is pretty much booked up tomorrow Saturday, but I have a couple of boats available on Sunday.

clark

« Reply #96 on: 30/01/2009 at 19:58 »
how was the wind at haddo today mike ????? It was absolutely howlin in the bridge of don  :z4 :z4 :z4
clark

Mike Barrio

« Reply #97 on: 30/01/2009 at 20:39 »
Swirling about a bit "clark", but fine for fishing and just what we have been needing to clear the water. The wind was possibly helping to provide some food too, as the fish seemed quite lively today.

Cheers
Mike

GARYBOY

« Reply #98 on: 31/01/2009 at 16:04 »
sorry didnt know  :z8 think this is great site as i am fairly new to this fly fishing  would love to try Haddo but cant swim and not too sure about boats  :z4 :z4 :z4

Jim Eddie

« Reply #99 on: 31/01/2009 at 19:53 »
Gary

Mike has floatation jackets so you will be safe enough. Get yourself over to  Haddo and have a chat with Mike he will keep you right , I,m sure he could pair you up in a boat with a more experienced angler.

:z18

Jim 

NEPTUNE

« Reply #100 on: 01/02/2009 at 22:03 »
HI MIKE ,
           was hoping to pay you a visit some time in the coming week subject to weather !!!! :cool:I presume that you will  keep us all informed??
                                                            HUGH

Mike Barrio

« Reply #101 on: 01/02/2009 at 22:19 »
Hi Hugh :cool:

Yes, I'll keep you up to date as the week goes :z3

The loch was clear and fishing today, so if the snow they are forecasting doesn't come tonight, I will be going over in the morning as usual.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #102 on: 02/02/2009 at 16:42 »
Hi folks :cool:

Nice ripple on the water at Haddo today and air temps hovered around the 2 degrees mark, so I was thinking it should be fine for fishing tomorrow. But suddenly, at about 3pm, it went to 1.5, then 1, then 0.5, then 0 and when I came away at about 3.20pm ...... it was minus one :z6

Roads were fine on the way home for a while, bit wet, bit white, bit wet ........ and then all of a sudden everything froze and the last straight in to Inverurie was one long sheet of ice and resembled something like a destruction derby, there were cars everywhere and lots of bits of cars! :shock

So, I'm still hoping to be able to open again tomorrow, but I guess that will depend on what happens between now and then :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #103 on: 02/02/2009 at 20:16 »
Its my first day off tomorrow, so i would guess it'll be solid :z6

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Sandy

Alex Burnett

« Reply #104 on: 02/02/2009 at 21:37 »
Its my first day off tomorrow, so i would guess it'll be solid :z6

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Sandy

With Icing Sugar !!! on the top by the looks of things tonight !!! :mad

Alex

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com