Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to November 17th )
« on: 17/11/2008 at 10:33 »
Hi folks :cool:

Damsels, Bloodworm, Buzzers, Cormorants and Cats have been on the menu at Haddo this week :wink

Stuart Spence enjoyed a good session with 25 fish up to 9 lb, Jim Adie tempted 17 up to 6 lb, Alistair Davidson 16 up to 10 lb, Alex Thain 15 up to 7 lb, Calum Clark 14 up to 11 lb, Rod Mackay 10 up to 6 lb and John Buchan netted 10 fish up to 3 lb.

Cameron deBoth

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to November 17th )
« Reply #1 on: 17/11/2008 at 11:56 »

I love the scenery that can be had at haddo, really starting to look autumnal. Must get back as soon as I can!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 17/11/2008 at 12:58 »
That photo was taken early in the week last week and a high proportion of the leaves have now fallen. The changes in the colours and density throughout the week have been fantastic to watch :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #3 on: 18/11/2008 at 14:36 »
Damsels, Bloodworm, Buzzers, Cormorants and Cats have been on the menu at Haddo this week :wink

What colours are recommended by the locals? ie the troot

Anyone be there on Sat? Me and Martyn will be there from 10 - 3 likely.

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #4 on: 19/11/2008 at 10:30 »
Noone going to Haddo on Sat then?

Dave Mundie

« Reply #5 on: 19/11/2008 at 18:10 »
I'll be there tomorrow  :z12

Dave

clark

« Reply #6 on: 19/11/2008 at 19:02 »
Hey cameron with the bloodworms just plain red no beads and they are either fished deep on a floating line and long leader down the deepend or suspended 3-4ft under a big dry up the shallow end. Damsels just plain olive worked for me.
hope this helps !

clark

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #7 on: 19/11/2008 at 22:41 »
Hey cameron with the bloodworms just plain red no beads and they are either fished deep on a floating line and long leader down the deepend or suspended 3-4ft under a big dry up the shallow end. Damsels just plain olive worked for me.
hope this helps !

clark

Cool, had planned to try the blood worms like that (dry fly) and i'll give the damsels a bash also.

cheers
Cam

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #8 on: 20/11/2008 at 10:31 »

Dave Mundie

« Reply #9 on: 20/11/2008 at 18:23 »
Was there today and bloodworm was deffo on the menu caught 8 on it  :z16, despite the rain and wind there was still quite a few fish rising  :z12

Dave

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #10 on: 20/11/2008 at 23:00 »
Was there today and bloodworm was deffo on the menu caught 8 on it  :z16, despite the rain and wind there was still quite a few fish rising  :z12

Dave

Cool, Had planned to start of with a Dry fly and bloodworm suspended underneath, New Zealand style (show to be by the every knowing Hamish, cheers bud this method is a killer!)

Barry Robertson

« Reply #11 on: 21/11/2008 at 01:04 »
Cool, Had planned to start of with a Dry fly and bloodworm suspended underneath, New Zealand style (show to be by the every knowing Hamish, cheers bud this method is a killer!)

Cant believe your having to resort to using indicators Cameron  :wink
Heres me thinking you were a straight liner!

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #12 on: 21/11/2008 at 12:39 »
Cant believe your having to resort to using indicators Cameron  :wink
Heres me thinking you were a straight liner!

haha depends how the fish are feeding, most of the time I usually only ever use 1 fly but if they are feeding on the surface also, the dry and buzzer NZ style covers both.

going buy the temp/weather today looks lik its gonna be a COLD one tomorrow

Barry Robertson

« Reply #13 on: 21/11/2008 at 16:32 »
Just joking cameron but your right enought it is a nice tactic to have up your sleave for another alternative method!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #14 on: 21/11/2008 at 21:37 »
Hi Cameron :z16

The road outside my house is frozen tonight and has snow covering it ... cars are struggling to get up it :z6

With tonight's forecast and the conditions outside at the moment, I think there is more than a fair chance that the loch will be frozen tomorrow morning :z6

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what it's like in the morning :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com