Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kev Danby

Printer and scanner free to a good home
« on: 01/04/2009 at 21:11 »
I have a HP deskjet 710c colour printer and a HP diamond 1200 scanner surplus to requirements or more to the point not compatable with vista.
If you are using XP or earlier these will work fine I have the installation discs and manuals.

They will be placed on fthe Aberdeenshire freecycle website so if anyone wants both or one of then let me know.

If any one is feeling generous and wish to donate a salmon rod to replace the one I broke on the Don today or have a spare 3rd section for a lochmor X 14"6 # 10 then all the better.

Ben Dixon

Re: Printer and scanner free to a good home
« Reply #1 on: 01/04/2009 at 22:15 »
Try contacting Diawa direct they may well be able to get you a spare section, if you are struggling drop me a PM and I will make an enquiry for you.

Cheers

Ben

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 01/04/2009 at 22:40 »
Hi Kev,

Didn't you break a Salmon rod this time last year? :shock

If you are struggling I can LOAN  :z7 you a double hander -pm me

Iain

Kev Danby

« Reply #3 on: 02/04/2009 at 11:24 »
Hi Ben I have previously spoke with Diawa and they informed me this model is no longer available therefore no spares.

Iain you are correct it was May last year and that was my fault the top section worked loose and snapped about an inch off the spigot. this time it was the one I aquired from you and the third section snapped about 4 inches below the top spigot and on checking the top section had not worked loose. I can only assume that I have hit the broken section with a Fly at some point and weakened it. My casting is not the greatest so I'm sure it is something i have done rather than a fault with the rod.

Was fishing inverurie and speaking with one guy who said there were fresh fish running last week he had one springer and four Kelts, another chap had a Kelt on his first cast.

Nice day to be out and for once manage to stay dry apart from the tears when I heard the crack of the rod.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com