Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to October 13th )
« on: 13/10/2008 at 22:04 »
Hi folks :cool:

Spiders, Damsels, Klinks, CDCs, Bloodworm, Hare's Ear Nymphs, small Dancers and white nymphs have been on the menu at Haddo this week :wink

On the boats, Dave Batty enjoyed a good session with 25 fish up to 7 lb, Alex Burnett tempted 20 up to 8 lb, Damian Bruce 20 up to 7 lb, Malcom Mead 13 up to 8 lb, Ken Begg 11 up to 8 lb and David Hunter caught 9 including a nice 12 lb rainbow trout.

Sunday's float tube gathering was good fun, Kev Danby netting 20 fish up to 6 lb, Callum Clark 18 up to 7 lb, Peter Scott 11 up to 2½ lb and David Moir caught 7 including a nice 14 lb rainbow trout.

October is the first month in the Haddo Winter League and we already have some good entries.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Andy Wren

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to October 13th )
« Reply #1 on: 14/10/2008 at 18:09 »
I am not sure what the cocktail cabinet campbell fished with but he had a gas at Haddo.
Myself being unprepared looke on my fly patch and point was a red arrow (Irish lough pattern)
top dropper a soldier muddler (sun faded).
Had  agood 7/8 fish nothing huge but amusing fishing ,nice to see the cruisers and drop team in front of their noses ,some very fast snatchy takes ,not like Grafham fish !
Mike thanks we had a great day ,love the 2 rods and thanks for letting me try the 100ft head line!
If deveron is flooded out next year we will be back ! :z18 :z16
BTW finished the week with 4 tourists ,best close on 20  :z12

Just a question ,sunday am heading south out of Aberdeen saw a float tuber from the road ,similar size loch to Haddo ,what was it and what was he targetting !!!

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 14/10/2008 at 18:39 »
Andy

That would have been the Loch of Loriston , you can get some more info if you check out the thread in the float tube section .

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 14/10/2008 at 20:14 »
My pleasure ACW, it was great to see you both :z16

Nice to read that you had a good week with the "silver tourists" too!

Best wishes
Mike

I am not sure what the cocktail cabinet campbell fished with but he had a gas at Haddo.
Myself being unprepared looke on my fly patch and point was a red arrow (Irish lough pattern)
top dropper a soldier muddler (sun faded).
Had  agood 7/8 fish nothing huge but amusing fishing ,nice to see the cruisers and drop team in front of their noses ,some very fast snatchy takes ,not like Grafham fish !
Mike thanks we had a great day ,love the 2 rods and thanks for letting me try the 100ft head line!
If deveron is flooded out next year we will be back ! :z18 :z16
BTW finished the week with 4 tourists ,best close on 20  :z12

Just a question ,sunday am heading south out of Aberdeen saw a float tuber from the road ,similar size loch to Haddo ,what was it and what was he targetting !!!

Andy Wren

« Reply #4 on: 15/10/2008 at 11:31 »
Andy

That would have been the Loch of Loriston , you can get some more info if you check out the thread in the float tube section .

:z18

Jim

Thanks ,
Mick and I thought it looked pike water !

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com