Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to October 13th )
« on: October 13, 2008, 22:04:02 PM »
Hi folks :cool:

Spiders, Damsels, Klinks, CDCs, Bloodworm, Hare's Ear Nymphs, small Dancers and white nymphs have been on the menu at Haddo this week :wink

On the boats, Dave Batty enjoyed a good session with 25 fish up to 7 lb, Alex Burnett tempted 20 up to 8 lb, Damian Bruce 20 up to 7 lb, Malcom Mead 13 up to 8 lb, Ken Begg 11 up to 8 lb and David Hunter caught 9 including a nice 12 lb rainbow trout.

Sunday's float tube gathering was good fun, Kev Danby netting 20 fish up to 6 lb, Callum Clark 18 up to 7 lb, Peter Scott 11 up to 2 lb and David Moir caught 7 including a nice 14 lb rainbow trout.

October is the first month in the Haddo Winter League and we already have some good entries.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 23:50:17 PM by Mike Barrio »
www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Andy Wren

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to October 13th )
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 18:09:55 PM »
I am not sure what the cocktail cabinet campbell fished with but he had a gas at Haddo.
Myself being unprepared looke on my fly patch and point was a red arrow (Irish lough pattern)
top dropper a soldier muddler (sun faded).
Had  agood 7/8 fish nothing huge but amusing fishing ,nice to see the cruisers and drop team in front of their noses ,some very fast snatchy takes ,not like Grafham fish !
Mike thanks we had a great day ,love the 2 rods and thanks for letting me try the 100ft head line!
If deveron is flooded out next year we will be back ! :z18 :z16
BTW finished the week with 4 tourists ,best close on 20  :z12

Just a question ,sunday am heading south out of Aberdeen saw a float tuber from the road ,similar size loch to Haddo ,what was it and what was he targetting !!!

Andy Wren

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 18:39:02 PM »
Andy

That would have been the Loch of Loriston , you can get some more info if you check out the thread in the float tube section .

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 20:14:13 PM »
My pleasure ACW, it was great to see you both :z16

Nice to read that you had a good week with the "silver tourists" too!

Best wishes
Mike

I am not sure what the cocktail cabinet campbell fished with but he had a gas at Haddo.
Myself being unprepared looke on my fly patch and point was a red arrow (Irish lough pattern)
top dropper a soldier muddler (sun faded).
Had  agood 7/8 fish nothing huge but amusing fishing ,nice to see the cruisers and drop team in front of their noses ,some very fast snatchy takes ,not like Grafham fish !
Mike thanks we had a great day ,love the 2 rods and thanks for letting me try the 100ft head line!
If deveron is flooded out next year we will be back ! :z18 :z16
BTW finished the week with 4 tourists ,best close on 20  :z12

Just a question ,sunday am heading south out of Aberdeen saw a float tuber from the road ,similar size loch to Haddo ,what was it and what was he targetting !!!

www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Andy Wren

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 11:31:26 AM »
Andy

That would have been the Loch of Loriston , you can get some more info if you check out the thread in the float tube section .

:z18

Jim

Thanks ,
Mick and I thought it looked pike water !
Andy Wren

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum