Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

stickleback

Re: "The Outcasts"
« Reply #90 on: 30/10/2008 at 22:16 »
The club sounds a great idea and I would love to have gone along on the big day but I'm going to miss it  :cry :cry  because I'm away that weekend.  Good luck to all and I'll hopefully make the next meeting.   

:z18

Cammy

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #91 on: 03/11/2008 at 17:42 »
Mike,

Do we have a place and time arranged? The weekend is soon approaching!  :z13

Mike Barrio

« Reply #92 on: 03/11/2008 at 17:52 »
Hi folks :cool:

Just to keep the updates going ........ the "Outcasts taster session" will be on Sunday November 9th, meeting up at 11am ( so please bring your own flask and sandwiches etc ) till approx 3pm depending on how things go and of course the weather :wink

The location has not been decided as yet, but I am looking at a few parks in the "Haddo" area :z3

Best wishes
Mike

The above is still the plan and although the exact location is not yet totally finalised, it would be safe to say that we will either be meeting up at Methlick or in the main Haddo House car park. Sandy and I walked the various locations today and have made a decision ........ pending confirmation of availability :wink

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

« Reply #93 on: 05/11/2008 at 17:29 »
Hi "Outcasts"

I can now confirm the plans for this Sunday .........

The location we will be using is the grass area below "the pheasantry" at Haddo Country Park. To get there, simply follow signs for "Haddo House" ..... I'm sure most of you know where this is ( it is not Haddo Fishery by the way! ) so if you are unsure of how to get to Haddo House, please ask :wink

Please try to arrive at Haddo House for 10.45 - 11am, park your cars in the main car park and once you have your gear out of the car, face the main buildings at the end of the car park and walk down the path to your right which is sign posted "Pheasantry" and "Toilets". Follow this for a few hundred yards until you reach the "Pheasantry/Toilet" building with grass in front of it. We will be casting in the field just beyond and below this, the one with an enclosed well in the corner, which is where we will meet.

Please bring: your fly rod(s), reels, fly lines and nylon, plus your food and juice or flask.
Please do not bring: any flies or hooks ...... make sure you leave these in your car or at home.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #94 on: 05/11/2008 at 20:34 »
looking forward to this.

Im guessing the House isnt too far from Haddo? I'll google it but would be great if you could post some directions also.  :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #95 on: 05/11/2008 at 21:01 »
looking forward to this.

Im guessing the House isnt too far from Haddo? I'll google it but would be great if you could post some directions also.  :z16

Plenty of signposts, but ....... If you are coming to "Haddo Trout Fishery" from Oldmeldrum on the B9170, when you reach the fishery turn right on to the B999 ( signposted "Tarves" "Haddo House" ) continue for a couple of miles and take the first road to the left ( which should say "Ellon" and "Haddo House"? ) You will go over a wee bridge and about a mile further on you'll see trees and a cottage on your left, turn left in to the "Haddo House" driveway, which is about a mile or maybe two long, until you reach the car park at the end, watch out for the speedbumps, pheasants and squirrels! :wink

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #96 on: 06/11/2008 at 08:11 »
Cheers Mike,

I would have probably found it, but now I have no excuse to get lost.

See you all on Sunday!

Paul Rankine

« Reply #97 on: 06/11/2008 at 13:06 »
Mike,
        How many pheasants can a pleasant pheasant plucker pluck  ....... :z4

See you there  :z4

Paul.

Hamish Young

« Reply #98 on: 06/11/2008 at 17:32 »
Sadly, I have to scratch  :cry

Work requires me to travel (bloody short notice  :mad ) to Dorset on Sunday, will hopefully be there for the next gathering of the Outcasts, in the meantime y'all have fun now  :z18

:z3

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #99 on: 08/11/2008 at 21:35 »
looking forward to tomorrow :z12
Hopefully the weather holds.

I'll be there about 12-30, so you should all be hauling and casting 100ft+
So i can give you all a good laugh :z4 :z4 :z4

Sandy

Brian Brand

« Reply #100 on: 08/11/2008 at 22:10 »
See you all there tomorrow.

Sandy, it's not all about the length it's about the presentation. :wink :z4

regards,
Bri.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #101 on: 09/11/2008 at 05:59 »
 :z4 :z4 :z4

Jim Eddie

« Reply #102 on: 09/11/2008 at 16:49 »
As Jim Bowen would say "Smashing , Super, Great"

It all went really well , everyone turned up with the right attitude , the crack was good  :z13

Magnus gave lots of things to think about and practical things to practice , Sandy also kept us on track , no pun intended.

I could actually see the improvement in peoples casting as the day prograessed. Lots of different rods and lines to try  :z16 

We all owe mike a debt of gratitude for organising it.

Jim

Peter McCallum

« Reply #103 on: 09/11/2008 at 17:02 »
I'm really miffed about not making it, I'll need to watch how many diy jobs I do on Saturdays in future. Ah well ............ theres always next time. :cry :cry :cry

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #104 on: 09/11/2008 at 17:04 »
Yea great day and I saw a big improvement (we all know why......Hamish???)  :z8 :z7 :z4

Thanks to Magnus, Sandy & Mike for their tips/help with your casting

And thanks to Mike again for organising the meet.  :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com