Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

Great value sage blanks
« on: 28/09/2008 at 16:24 »
Anyone looking for a great winter project?

Try these

http://www.guidesnblanks.com/product.php?product_id=396

At those prices they wont last long and are fantastic blanks, i might pick up a couple myself to stash away :z7 As long a sandra dont find out :wink

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

Re: Great value sage blanks
« Reply #1 on: 28/09/2008 at 20:42 »
Oi...you where meant to keep that quiet!!!!..I was thinking of the 10 foot 7 weight XP for light saltwater work in Bervie and Stoney bays (when i have a ticket that is!)

Another quiet one...have a word with John and Meadow Fishery..he has several different models of Sage blanks on sale, from around £65 to £125. :)

Tam Greenock

« Reply #2 on: 29/09/2008 at 11:30 »
The Scott blanks look quite good as well  :cool:

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 29/09/2008 at 14:41 »
And the Harrison..especially the Lohric ones...same technology as Sage and loomis, but built for British fishing styles and conditions, and a very very good price!

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 29/09/2008 at 19:06 »
I would be intrigued to try a Lohric, I've heard mixed views on how good/indifferent they are.

Anyone got one  :?

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 29/09/2008 at 19:27 »
I would be intrigued to try a Lohric, I've heard mixed views on how good/indifferent they are.

Anyone got one  :?

Hi Hamish

Yes, I've heard very mixed views on the Lohric blanks too ........ I'd like to try one myself if somebody has one please :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 30/09/2008 at 08:50 »
I might have one comming soon...just waiting to hear from the chap...will be a 9 foot 6 inch 6 weight. Give me a couple of weeks to build it and I will bring it to haddo.

Mick from Bloke builds exclusivly on Lohric blanks for his custom range and has not had anything but praise for them...and I find him a pretty honest chap :)

John at Meadow Fisheries also builds on this blank...hence the reason why he has a stock of Sages up for sale..no one wants them after they have tried the Lohric :)

Have to say though, I have only waggled a few, not cast one yet...so can only go on the recommendations of folk that are building them as part of there top of the range custom rods.

I do however use Harrisons for 90% of the rods I build and so far not had a single complaint..which is always nice.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com