Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Autumnal Equinox
« on: 24/09/2008 at 00:06 »
Hi folks

Isn't it great when things go according to plan :cool:

According to my diary, September 22nd is the "Autumnal Equinox" and Autumn was supposed to start at 15.44 hrs. Despite all the talk of climate change nowadays ...... I was very pleased indeed to see that the first leaves started to fall on the water at Haddo at approx 15.30 when a slight breeze got up.

I couldn't believe my eyes :shock
Firstly, I had never realised that there was an actual time for the changeover .......... and secondly, it was almost spot on! :z4

The leaves have continued to fall today on the 23rd ............
Best wishes
Mike

Iain Goolager

Re: Autumnal Equinox
« Reply #1 on: 24/09/2008 at 07:37 »
Yes indeed,

It was on Monday morning that I said to her indoors  "feel the chill in the air?, that's the start of it"  and that was well before 15:44 :cry

Iain

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 24/09/2008 at 08:21 »
Its going to be a bad winter...mark my words!!

The Rowan trees are bursting with berries, a sure fire indication its going to be a bad one..the swifts in my barn had a fly around on Sunday..and now they have gone..thats about a month to early...but the best indication that we are going to have snow and ice is the fact that my Discovery is starting to play up!!   :roll

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 24/09/2008 at 08:56 »
...but the best indication that we are going to have snow and ice is the fact that my Discovery is starting to play up!!   :roll

It's a discovery.... so playing up is par for the course  :z7

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 24/09/2008 at 11:47 »
Never!!!..lol...at least i have 2 others Landies in the barn for spares!! ;)

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: 24/09/2008 at 20:47 »
Never!!!..lol...at least i have 2 others Landies in the barn for spares!! ;)

Sounds like a fetish to me :z7

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 25/09/2008 at 08:22 »
Sany...they are breeding!! Another one on its way..a 1959 series 2 with any luck :)

You have your rod fetish, I have my rust fetish ;)

Peter McCallum

« Reply #7 on: 25/09/2008 at 22:36 »
you don't happen to have a spare 200tdi defender with rotten bodywork but excellentrunning gear cos I could do with replacing my tired 2.5 n/a diesel with no power steering :shock :z4 :z4

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 26/09/2008 at 09:11 »
you don't happen to have a spare 200tdi defender with rotten bodywork but excellentrunning gear cos I could do with replacing my tired 2.5 n/a diesel with no power steering :shock :z4 :z4

I just happen to have a 300tdi sitting there, semi stripped...any use? P reg with 80k on the clock.

Peter McCallum

« Reply #9 on: 26/09/2008 at 17:36 »
I just happen to have a 300tdi sitting there, semi stripped...any use? P reg with 80k on the clock.

How much are you needing for it?

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #10 on: 27/09/2008 at 13:09 »
Hmmmm..good question...I would say £3k...looking in the Landy mags a p reg fetches £4.5-£6k. Its a difficult one as I started to strip it down to do some repairs on the chassis and ran out of time. Its got new suspension (springs and gas shocks), modular wheels with large mud tires, good engine (full service history) and gearbox etc etc. and timing belt last year..which has only covered about 2000 miles...oh..and its fully chequer plate lined in the back.

Coz its in bits just now I would never get the £4.5 k I think it would be worth.

Peter McCallum

« Reply #11 on: 27/09/2008 at 17:34 »
Hmmmm..good question...I would say £3k...looking in the Landy mags a p reg fetches £4.5-£6k. Its a difficult one as I started to strip it down to do some repairs on the chassis and ran out of time. Its got new suspension (springs and gas shocks), modular wheels with large mud tires, good engine (full service history) and gearbox etc etc. and timing belt last year..which has only covered about 2000 miles...oh..and its fully chequer plate lined in the back.

Coz its in bits just now I would never get the £4.5 k I think it would be worth.

Sorry Rob :oops, too spendy for my meagre purse  :cry- the one I've gots only worth about £1500 anyhoo.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 27/09/2008 at 21:54 »
Hi Peter

Have a squint on ebay ...... Classic Cars ........ Landrover (and sort by - distance nearest first) :z16

Cheers
Mike

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #13 on: 28/09/2008 at 10:25 »
Rob

You should have considered Aviation engineering as a career, i think you would fit in well.
There are five categories, Bikers, golfers, football weirdoes, Landy owners and fishers.
Apart from the middle ones the rest often succumb to more than and one category :z4
None are sane :z4

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

Re: Autumnal Equinox New
« Reply #14 on: 28/09/2008 at 20:35 »
Hmmmmmm..wellll...I have 2 bikes (and am also a qualified Bike instructor with CMS in Aberdeen), 3 Landies, obviously fish, used to play golf at a high level as a schoolboy and my grandfather played footie for West Ham and England before the war...but i dont like footie.. :z7

Sanity? Its getting better...dont do the 150mph on the bikes anymore, havent been wading with the Defender into water deep enough to pour in through the windows for a few years and I saw sense and sold my golf clubs a number of years ago to fund several rods and reels!!

:z16

As for Aviation Engineering..is that something to do with building giant bird cages? ;)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com