Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

River Dee - Dinnet
« on: 12/09/2008 at 23:04 »
So I finally made it out onto the Dinnet water on the Dee this year  :z16

Smashing conditions today, couldn't have asked for better  :z12
Loads of fish showing although many were distinctly 'tartan'.
Sadly I neglected to take my digi camera so can only relate to you that I managed my first fish off the Dee this year  :cool:

It was a nice wee fish that maybe went 5lbs but a spirited fight none the less and he had me into the backing a couple of times  :grin Took a wee squirrel and orange brass tube - a personal favourite fly - he was also the first salmon on my Orvis 14ft Shooting Star salmon rod which (when matched to a snowbee 2D) has to be one of the nicest salmon fly rods I've picked up - ever.
That fish came from '29' although the top of the beat at Pol Slachd is teeming with fish, a few fresh ones too.
Had a couple of really good pulls whihc sadly didn't stay on/take 'properly' also saw some huge fish today, nice to get out with the salmon gear again, it's been a while.

Sadly my companion today wasn't so lucky  :cry but he did manage a couple of nice wee trout on his wee doubles  :z7

Hamish  :z3

Iain Goolager

Re: River Dee - Dinnet
« Reply #1 on: 12/09/2008 at 23:20 »
Well done Hamish,

The first of many I hope.

With a bit of luck I might get the 13'er out on the Don tomorrow pm - hope to be lucky too.

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com