Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

2 as new Daiwa salmon rods up for grabs.
« on: 27/08/2008 at 17:10 »
I have for sale two as new, but effectively secondhand, Daiwa Salmon Fly Rods. No Daiwa warranty is included with these rods I'm afraid, so the prices reflect that :!

First is a 15ft #11wt Daiwa Exceler. Sold!
This rod has never been used in anger other than for a demonstration/line test. It still has the protective plastic on the cork handles :! Comes in a bag but I don’t have the Daiwa tube for this rod. Full details of the rod can be found on the Daiwa website:
http://www.daiwasports.co.uk/products/game/rods/261/3/exceler-salmon-fly-rods
It’s finished nicely and casts a good line easily. Daiwa RRP of £225 and after a quick look online the cheapest I’ve seen it online is £169. As there’s no tube available with this rod first £80 Sold :z16

The second rod is a Daiwa Wilderness 15ft #11wt. Sold!
This nice rod has been used for a couple of demonstrations only. The plastic covers have been taken off the cork but is utterly as new – I can’t find fault with it. Again the Daiwa website carries full details of this rod:
http://www.daiwasports.co.uk/products/game/rods/604/3/wilderness-salmon-fly
Daiwa suggest a RRP of £170 and the cheapest I’ve seen it online is £149.99 so my price is a bargain basement £80 cash OVNO as no tube included. Sold!

Bargains :!
Obviously there would a postage consideration on top of these prices if you're not local to me but happy to deliver locally (Haddo for example) or local-ish to me. If you're near Dinnet and want to have a look at one (or both :!) of the rods feel free (if I'm off) and I might even make you a brew - if you're lucky  :z7

Hamish Young

Re: 2 as new Daiwa salmon rods up for grabs.
« Reply #1 on: 27/08/2008 at 17:35 »
Exceler has been reserved already :!

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 10/09/2008 at 04:36 »
Exceler is now sold :z16

It's off to a new owner with the tube from the Wilderness 15ft rod, so am now open to offers on the Wilderness -  bearing in mind it no longer comes with a tube I'm a reasonable soul so make a reasonable offer and you might get it  :wink

Pics of the beastie:

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 22/09/2008 at 09:33 »
I should have someone coming to pick this up today, so let's say this is now:

Sold!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com