Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to August 18th )
« on: 18/08/2008 at 20:31 »
Hi folks :cool:

Spiders, Emergers, Klinks, Daddies, Hoppers, Bob's Bits, F-Fly and Pheasant Tail Nymphs have been on the menu at Haddo this week :wink

Peter Scott enjoyed a good session tempting 20 fish up to 4 lb, Ian Brown had 17 up to 4 lb, Lee Welsh 14 up to 10 lb, Sandy Watt 13 up to 4 lb, Richard Harries 10 up to 8 lb, Hamish Young 10 up to 6 lb, Steven Sinclair 10 up to 4½ lb, John Buchan 10 up to 4 lb and Ally Buchan netted 10 fish up to 2½ lb.

Plenty of larger fish can be seen cruising in the clear water and a good few of these have been hooked, but they are fighting hard and proving difficult to get to the boat :cry ........ But Bob Watson netted a nice 16 lb 6 oz trout and Stuart Macrae had another good one of approx 12 lb.
There have been quite a few float tube "maiden voyages" again this week ....... Great stuff :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Graeme Gauld

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to August 18th )
« Reply #1 on: 19/08/2008 at 14:56 »
Lee should be educated ref - safety on a boat  standing on the seat is very dangerous  ???

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 19/08/2008 at 18:44 »
Lee should be educated ref - safety on a boat  standing on the seat is very dangerous  ???

Hi Tango

Lee is aware that standing on the boat seats is against the fishery rules at Haddo and I'm also confident that he understands why, but in this particular case I think the excitement of catching such a powerful fish perhaps got the better of him :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #3 on: 20/08/2008 at 10:09 »
I feel that we are just picking on the youngsters as nobody has reprimanded Hamish for dangling his legs over the side whilst playing a fish! :z4

Graeme Gauld

« Reply #4 on: 20/08/2008 at 10:17 »
Its not a question of picking on the young , if lee fell overboard at haddo it would be safe to assume he could struggle to the shore however on a larger water ??

Iain Goolager

« Reply #5 on: 20/08/2008 at 16:16 »
Tango,
 your observation is spot on  :z16 however my comments were made as an intro to cracking a joke about what looks like Hamishs' legs dangling over the side :grin :grin :grin

ok I'll keep my mirth gland under wraps from now on

I know when I've been Tango'd :z6

Iain

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 20/08/2008 at 23:17 »
I feel that we are just picking on the youngsters as nobody has reprimanded Hamish for dangling his legs over the side whilst playing a fish! :z4

Curses, spotted again  :z4 :z4

Peter McCallum

« Reply #7 on: 21/08/2008 at 23:38 »
Curses, spotted again  :z4 :z4

glad its just his legs :shock

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #8 on: 22/08/2008 at 08:42 »
Peter

Mikes zoom isn't up to anything else even the 300mm one.
Still, one day, wearing plus fours with white socks might just catch on :z7

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com