« on: 14/11/2006 at 14:05 »
If this doesn't make you wear glasses, nothing will
Not for the squeamish

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1163102405/Fish_hook_in_eye

Rob Brownfield

Eye protection
« Reply #1 on: 14/11/2006 at 16:38 »
Bahhhhhh..the college has banned that site..lol

I wear glasses anyway, but anyone who fly fishes really should wear some form of eyewear. Clear safety specs cost a few quid from the likes of http://www.workwearhouse.co.uk/shop/Paris_Spectacle.html and may save ya sight.

Jim Eddie

Protect you eyes
« Reply #2 on: 14/11/2006 at 18:00 »
Couldn't agree more guys , its only common sense  to wear some sort of eye protection.

:z18

Jim

Sandy Nelson

Eye protection
« Reply #3 on: 17/11/2006 at 09:27 »
Always!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you what colour lens do you prefer?

I recently lost one of my yellow lenses (dont ask :cry: ) And have had to resort to using my brown ones.
I hate them, i feel like i cant see properly anymore, years of using yellow lenses for fishing and being used to the light being increased has spoilt me.
So i have to replace the yellow ones soon.
I know you get green,bronze,grey,rose,amber as well as yellow but for me in this part of the world i only ever use yellow, the colour transfer for identifying flies is better too.Plus you feel about 5 degrees warmer when you have them on :z4

What do you use?

Sandy

Jim Eddie

Lenses
« Reply #4 on: 17/11/2006 at 10:33 »
When conditions are bright ( thats the 2 days a year) I wear Bolle ( I got them cheap)polarised lenses.  

In low light a wear yellow lenses I got cheap on e-bay.

:z18

Jim

Peter McCallum

Eye protection
« Reply #5 on: 17/11/2006 at 16:52 »
Hey I'm doing well last time this was posted on a site (could have been here) I only managed 1.5 seconds, this time 1.75 I'm getting tougher. :z2

Excuse me now whilst I go and puke up!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:  :oops:

Hamish Young

Eye protection
« Reply #6 on: 17/11/2006 at 19:05 »
Go on then Peter - I'll bite..... what'll make you puke :?:

Peter McCallum

Eye protection
« Reply #7 on: 17/11/2006 at 19:40 »
The sight of the scalpel going into the eye thats why I only managed 1.75 seconds

stickleback

Eye protection
« Reply #8 on: 19/11/2006 at 11:12 »
Couldn't agree more.  I had a wake up call when a friend who was sharing a boat accidently wrapped his cast around my head/face.  How none of the flies hooked me is a miracle.

Given our typical weather which is often dull I opt for yellow lens glasses.  I've a pair of fairly cheap 'Vision' ones but their getting a bit scratched.  Does anyone know where I can get replacements at a reasonable price ?

When the light really begins to fail, I opt for Bolle industrial specs.  Got them locally at Greenhams, Altens, Aberdeen and they're a snip at around a fiver
http://www.greenham.com/c/pl/72662/Contour-Safety-Spectacles-with-ESP-Lens

Sandy Nelson

Eye protection
« Reply #9 on: 19/11/2006 at 19:48 »
Thanks for that stickleback

I think i'll try the clear ones, could be quite a revelation and a cheap experiment too.

Sandy

Mike Barrio

Eye protection
« Reply #10 on: 19/11/2006 at 23:11 »
Great to see that young Andrew was wearing his "shades" at the last float tube gathering.

Best wishes
Mike

Barry Robertson

Glasses!
« Reply #11 on: 25/12/2006 at 08:19 »
Any recomendations on glasses - lost my last pair and just wondered if anyone had any good right ups on  there own pair.

No crazy prices tho ! :z4
Cheers

Baz

Derek 365

Eye protection
« Reply #12 on: 25/12/2006 at 11:02 »
Although it makes me look like this 'smiley'  :z5  i just love my COCOON specs. , they're quite large because they're designed to be worn over your prescription glasses but i just wear them on there own because i don't need glasses to see .These COCOONS are so comfortable i can wear them all day , they fit like safety specs. blocking out light at the sides
and i think you can get them in different sizes and lense colours.

Sandy Nelson

Eye protection
« Reply #13 on: 26/12/2006 at 09:33 »
I just got a pair of Flying Fisherman specs with Vermillion lenses.
Absolutley superb. :z16  would reccomend them to anyone, not to pricey either.

the world is much better through rose tinted glasses :lol:

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com