Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Underwater Photos
« on: 26/07/2008 at 00:21 »
Hi folks :cool:

I have just uploaded to the forum gallery an underwater shot of one of my trout, which Kevin Mackenzie kindly sent me ...... Thanks Kevin :!

Kevin took the photo a couple of days ago during an evening session on the loch and if I remember correctly, I think he used one of those cameras from the TV advert ...... you know the one, with the child throwing the camera around the garden and then washing it off under a tap! :wink

Is anybody else experimenting with underwater photos? It looks like fun and the results are cool :z16

http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=198

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

Re: Underwater Photos New
« Reply #1 on: 26/07/2008 at 01:27 »
Have a good look at this photo ...... there is much to be learnt from it :wink

Look at the way the fish is reflected in the surface and think about food items and flies and how they might appear from a trout's view as they look up :z17

Cheers
Mike

Stuart Smith

Re: Underwater Photos
« Reply #2 on: 30/07/2008 at 19:40 »
hi Mike

ive got a Pentax Optic W10 which i was using in oz when i was surfing and diving.ive found when your diving you have got to be very close to the fish or what ever your taking photos of and the water had to be very clear

ive got loads of photos taken underwater of fish if u like i will email them to you to see if you can use any of them

stuart

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com