Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

puddock

Re: #3 rods
« Reply #15 on: 23/07/2008 at 15:21 »
Hi
Puddock got a better idea you manage to go to raemoir on Sat (if you get a pass) Might be able to drag Craig along . Would much appreciate a shot of the rod if you can not get a pass fae Caroline.

Cheers Ron.

Carson

I will try my best to "get out to play" on Saturday but can't guarantee it. Was meant to get home today but  I am still stuck in Lagos at the moment - hope to fly out tonight, so should get home tomorrow (Thursday) lunchtime. No doubt Mrs P will be in a panic all day Saturday, packing ( unpacking/ re-packing/ upacking....) for holidays on Sunday, so any excuse to escape and I will be there.
If it doesn't look like I will make it, I will either get her to take it to work Friday or drop it off with Craig for you.
Did Caroline mention that both the lads got a mention in TROUT FISHERMAN this month? Youngest caught a 7 1/2 pounder, then next day eldest got a 7 pounder on his first days fly fishing (after an hours lesson at the local football pitch). They are both up for adoption now!

nosrac

« Reply #16 on: 24/07/2008 at 12:45 »
Hi Ron
Well done to your boys can't wait till my two are old enough.
Will have to send me a PM with your phone number so we can hook up and go fishing (pardon the pun).

Will get a shot of rod when we go out sometime.

Cheers
Carson :z4

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #17 on: 25/07/2008 at 02:23 »
  On another note carson if you are new to fishing the cowie and would like a wee guided tour of the most likely lies/holding pools myself and a few other forum members have fished it for years and would be more than willing to let you into a few secrets  :wink its a cracking wee spate river!  I have seen myself fishing the cowie before pre-paid days on the dee if the water levels etc have been in my favour!  :z16  Im returning from Nigeria on the 14th of August and the first sign of a decent spate and i'll be out in the evenings if you want to come along.

nosrac

« Reply #18 on: 25/07/2008 at 12:24 »
Hi Salar
Have been lucky as Mitch has shown me the spots from ink bottle down to the deep corner.

Would be really good to come out with you guys also

look forward to hearing from you on your return

Cheers
Carson

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com