Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

Re: Loch of Lintrathen
« Reply #45 on: 02/09/2008 at 18:12 »
i am in balmedie but i will be happy to meet in town some where  :grin that is if that would be ok  :grin
clark

Clark

If Mr B and Bri are sharing then we'll pick you up in balmedie on the way through.
Will contact you nearer the time for a time and place.
We'll be coming down the A90 anyway so Balmedie will suit me fine :z16

Sorted :z16

Sandy

Stuart Smith

« Reply #46 on: 02/09/2008 at 19:32 »
dont know if theres any spaces left but if there is myslef and kev muir would love to come along

thanks

stuart :z12

clark

« Reply #47 on: 02/09/2008 at 21:33 »
sorry spiderman i will have to decline ur offer  :cry mum says were going down to newcastle on the friday and wont be back till monday !!! :cry oh well maybe next time  :z4 have fun guys!!!!

Hamish Young

« Reply #48 on: 02/09/2008 at 22:53 »
dont know if theres any spaces left but if there is myslef and kev muir would love to come along

thanks

Working on the assumption that there's going to be no problem booking the number of boats we need then space is pretty much unlimited :!

I'll bung you and Kev on the list  :z18 Which now reads:

Mike B
Hamish
Spiderman & 'little me'
Jedi
GRHE
Soundmixer
Moffty
An Chuileog
Rabbitangler
Bri
Pbibio
Kev Muir
Ben Dixon
Baz

That's 7 boats already  :cool:

Barry Robertson

« Reply #49 on: 03/09/2008 at 10:29 »
Iam free on that date if there is any space left!

Hamish Young

« Reply #50 on: 03/09/2008 at 11:50 »
Consider yourself on the list there Baz  :cool:

I actually called Lintrathen today.... just to be safe.... and have reserved 6 boats with the possibility of another 2.
No problemo if we end up needing more :wink

As we're coming as a 'sort of' club (fishingthefly forum) we get the preferential rate of £36 per boat  :wink
I suspect the easiest thing on the day will be to pass the necessary folding to me and I'll deal with the fiscal side of things.

I suggest we all meet up at the carpark before going down to the lodge, if we can all be at the carpark for 09:30 that'd be ideal :z16 As I think we get to fish from 10:00 to 17:00 - that's to be confirmed.

The only thing I'd like to see organised before the day is who fishes with who. More specifically those with boat handling experience (with outboards) matched up to a fishing partner who doesn't have that experience :z17 Should make the day all-together more enjoyable that way  :cool: I suspect that 2 anglers per boat is best, although they say you can have three in a boat I think 2 is more 'comfortable'.

This could be the biggest forum gathering away from Haddo...... jings  :shock :cool:

We need one more angler to make that 8 boats.......

Noel Kelly

« Reply #51 on: 03/09/2008 at 12:23 »
We need one more angler to make that 8 boats.......
Maybe not...Im still not a definite and looking less likely each day  :cry
Will have a definite answer by fridays cutoff

Peter McCallum

« Reply #52 on: 03/09/2008 at 13:23 »

I suggest we all meet up at the carpark before going down to the lodge, if we can all be at the carpark for 09:30 that'd be ideal :z16 As I think we get to fish from 10:00 to 17:00 - that's to be confirmed.

At this timer of yearn it used to be 9.30 till dark, the evening session being too short, but that could have changed.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #53 on: 03/09/2008 at 13:33 »
Thanks Hamish, Iam driving from Montrose if anyone would like a lift!

Ross

« Reply #54 on: 03/09/2008 at 13:57 »
Stick me down! I'll be driving from Mintlaw!

*edit* if anyone needs a lift!

Stuart Smith

« Reply #55 on: 03/09/2008 at 20:44 »
thanks hamish

does anyone know how the lock is fishing?

Barry Robertson

« Reply #56 on: 03/09/2008 at 22:10 »
2 people per boat sounds like a good plan and you could even change the boat pairings after a lunch break to let the members meet other anglers and check out other tactics  :z4 , just an idea!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #57 on: 03/09/2008 at 22:52 »
Hi Hamish

Yes, 2 per boat is much better ( and safer ) and your point regarding boat experience is spot on :z16

I have a wee bit of boat experience :z7 and will pair up with Brian :cool:

Thanks for doing all the footwork by the way! :z2

Drogues could be tricky? ..... Do they not supply them?

Cheers
Mike

Peter McCallum

« Reply #58 on: 03/09/2008 at 23:08 »
It's actually a pity they don't allow tubing cos this could have been the mother of all tubing days :z4

Hamish Young

« Reply #59 on: 03/09/2008 at 23:48 »

Drogues could be tricky? ..... Do they not supply them?

Sadly not, it would be a useful addition to their fleet but I can see why they wouldn't want to provide them.

Easy to make though, also cheap enough to buy  :z16

It's actually a pity they don't allow tubing cos this could have been the mother of all tubing days :z4

Yup, use the boats as 'taxis' and paddle around a bit. Faniced trying that on Watten this year but, sadly, will have to wait until '09  :z6

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com