Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

wildfisher

"The Accidental Angler" new series on TV tonight
« Reply #30 on: 04/12/2006 at 19:00 »
The program was, I believe, the last in the series. Let's hope the BBC commission some more. My own belief  is that it will  go some  way to repairing  the damage done to the public image angling by the likes of John Wilson. Especially when it comes to the treatment  of fish.

sightbob

« Reply #31 on: 04/12/2006 at 19:28 »
spot on fred  :wink:

Jay Scott

« Reply #32 on: 04/12/2006 at 20:17 »
Paul Young's good though he's one of the only anglers that you see properly reviving the fish and not holding them up to the camera for 2 minutes straight. The only good thing I like about John Wilson's shows is the fact that he's trying to promote his own line of fishing rods and they keep breaking.  :z4 mind you "The Compleat Angler" is a good show as well.

Jay

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #33 on: 05/12/2006 at 10:46 »
Quote from: "jayscott"
he only good thing I like about John Wilson's shows is the fact that he's trying to promote his own line of fishing rods and they keep breaking.

Jay,
many of the rods you see him with are infact built on Northwestern blanks that he has doctored in some way. My fishing partner as a youngster down in London/Hertfordshire was Johns brother, Dave. John had a tackle shop at the time in Norwich and produced his own range of Pike and Carp rods. John, however, always wanted something different, so would take the butt from one rod and try a different tip etc..and thats why lots of his rods break  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

He is a plonker  :lol: , Dave is a much better angler and never publicises his cztches of huge Carp and Pike...also very good with Trout.

Jay Scott

« Reply #34 on: 05/12/2006 at 16:00 »
I could imagine  :lol:

Dutchfly

« Reply #35 on: 07/12/2006 at 08:36 »
I watched the show yesterday and liked it very much. Nice to see him catch his trout and get all choked up. Over all, I liked the second show best, with the last one coming close. 1 and 3 were not my cup of tea. But cudos to the Beeb for broadcasting the series!

CU

Jeroen

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com