Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Peter McCallum

"The Accidental Angler" new series on TV tonight
« Reply #15 on: 20/11/2006 at 17:20 »
How cool would it be to say you had a permit from a KING to fish. Stick that in your salmon beat & smoke it yer lordship :z7

Irvine Ross

« Reply #16 on: 20/11/2006 at 17:45 »
I fell asleep half way through episode one when he was sitting on a rock doing nothing much for ever and a day. I stayed awake last night though. :grin:

I wanna go to Bhutan but the budget won't stretch that far. Could we stick prayer flags around Loch Vrotachan instead and just pretend.  :z4

Irvine

Jay Scott

« Reply #17 on: 20/11/2006 at 20:12 »
Great show, beautiful fish and i liked the way it showed a lot of Budda culture, Fabulous!!
 :z15

Jay

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #18 on: 20/11/2006 at 20:31 »
Peter

I though it was pretty cool too that the Kings Great Grandfather had been the guy who had brought the fish into the country because he wanted to flyfish.
All hail the lowly Broonie :z14

Sandy

Jay Scott

« Reply #19 on: 03/12/2006 at 21:09 »
Tonights show was....... well a bit slow to say the most, i didn't personally like it seemed like a bit too much hard work for such little of fish.

Jay

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #20 on: 03/12/2006 at 21:54 »
Jay

Thats the point.
Its about achievements and attaining goals, not the fish.
What he did was very difficult, if a bit slow. :z7

Sandy

Hamish Young

« Reply #21 on: 03/12/2006 at 21:59 »
Quote from: "jayscott"
Tonights show was....... well a bit slow to say the most, i didn't personally like it seemed like a bit too much hard work for such little of fish.

Hmmm, think you missed the point of the last in the series there Jay - mind you, maybe he was getting ready to fish the Don - eh Fred :?:  :!:  :wink:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #22 on: 03/12/2006 at 22:10 »
I almost forgot again ...... DOH  :oops:
But caught the last half hour and thoroughly enjoyed it  :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Peter McCallum

« Reply #23 on: 04/12/2006 at 00:19 »
Don't know if you noticed Jay but it looked to me as if that wee brownie was on of the biggest fish in CRW's life. It certainly appeared to be worth more than the big trout from Bhutan.

Piscator non solem piscato

( I think thats how it goes though latin scholars are welcome to correct me!!)

THERES MORE TO FISHING THAN CATCHING FISH

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #24 on: 04/12/2006 at 08:49 »
I thought it was a great program myself, being from London and all that!. Strangly I was out Piking with a chap on Saturday who mentioned the Wandle as being an improving river. He has caught Trout from there, lots, and so did many of his mates, this is because it was stocked with Rainbows when he was younger, and every tom, dick and harry was knocking them out on rods, handlines and bamboo canes!!..lol.

Angling times did an article on it too in the summer. They fished that bit where he was standing next to the road with the railings. They took lots of nice Dace and Chub, plus a Brownie of about a pound :)

Jay Scott

« Reply #25 on: 04/12/2006 at 14:58 »
I know its a hard acheivement, but its just not my idea of fun, i like challenges but i prefer programs where they show you techniques to use, tackle etc. But yes i would have to agree with you if it were me i would be over the moon, the wildest i've ever fished was a trout loch in Shetland and it have quite a few wild brownies in it to say the most so you could say I've never really had any major challenges like the one on the program so i wouldn't know what it would be like. I didn't really think about it until i was in my bed.  :z4 So if you put it that way yes it was a good program.

Jay

Mike Barrio

« Reply #26 on: 04/12/2006 at 16:13 »
I've never really had any major challenges like the one on the program

Well we can't have that  :shock:

Aha  :idea:

I'll find you a challenge next spring Jay, it might perhaps involve some fly fishing on a wee burn ....... and I'm sure you'll enjoy it  :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Jay Scott

« Reply #27 on: 04/12/2006 at 16:44 »
I'm sure i will mike, but i've thot of a challenge i can do next time im up, im going to try and catch a fish on one of my spiders, never done it before so that will kind of be a challenge, if not just somthing to demonstrate my flytying knots need a little more work.  :z4

Jay

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #28 on: 04/12/2006 at 18:23 »
:grin:

:z4  :z4  :z4

Iain Cameron

« Reply #29 on: 04/12/2006 at 18:47 »
Quote from: "rabbitangler"
Don't know if you noticed Jay but it looked to me as if that wee brownie was on of the biggest fish in CRW's life. ...

aye, it looked like he was on the verge of tears.
did you see the motorbike they dredged out too... bet the owner was wondering where that was...

hopefully some of the conservation (ie catch & release for Mahseer) & environmental issues (the pollution of those london rivers was heartbreaking) will be taken on board by the viewers.

cheers
iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com