Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Just noticed that the first of the new series "The Accidental Angler" is on BBC2 tonight at 8pm.  :z16

1 of 4 fishing programmes in which Charles Rangeley-Wilson goes looking for unusual fish. He is heading for India tonight in search of "the mighty Mahseer" species.

I believe that the next one is about trout fishing?

Catch the programme if you can
Best wishes
Mike

Hamish Young

"The Accidental Angler" new series on TV tonight
« Reply #1 on: 12/11/2006 at 21:04 »
I enjoyed it - most excellent in fact :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 12/11/2006 at 21:55 »
Yes, me too, thought it was very good  :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Dutchfly

« Reply #3 on: 13/11/2006 at 08:56 »
Hmmm, I'm not so positive. True, the location was beautiful, great camerawork, the storyline was o.k., and fish he eventually caught a super fish, but for most of the hour I found the show quite boring, to be honest. The next episode is about troutfishing, hopefully more action.

CU

Jeroen

wildfisher

« Reply #4 on: 13/11/2006 at 12:43 »
Forget about getting a program about pure fishing on prime time terrestrial TV. This was a travel show with a bit of fishing thrown in.  I thought it was fine and certainly a massive improvement on Trout and About.  I look forward to the next one. Reminded  me a bit of salmon fishing: a lot of time on the water for very little return. That's just the nature of the game and in these days of "bagging up"  it may not have gone down to well with many anglers. I say well done the BBC for having the guts to screen a program that embraced something as politically  incorrect as catch and release fishing.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: 13/11/2006 at 15:36 »
I thought it was really well done.
Sandra and I both watched it and enjoyed it.It was nice to see a fishing programme given the quality of production that others enjoy.
The type of fishing made no odds to me, i just soaked in the atmosphere and surroundings (a lot like being there oneself :grin: )
I reckon its probably the best attempt at an angling show since they made "A Passion for Angling"
Really looking forward to next weeks one now.

Sandy

Jim Eddie

Accidental angler
« Reply #6 on: 13/11/2006 at 22:37 »
I just caught the last 20 minutes or so as I was out, enjoyed what I saw though.
I can't beleive some people moaning because he did not catch enough fish.

Sandy agree about "A Passion for Angling" though there has been a great fishing programme on /tv since then though .... Trout & About :z4  :z4

I jest of course , " A river somewhere" was a fantastic programme , make sure you watch it if its ever repeated.

:z18

Jim

Hamish Young

Re: Accidental angler
« Reply #7 on: 14/11/2006 at 18:50 »
Quote from: "Jedi"
" A river somewhere" was a fantastic programme , make sure you watch it if its ever repeated.

I'll second that - brilliant programme  :z16

Hamish Young

Leven trout - anywhere but Leven
« Reply #8 on: 19/11/2006 at 21:07 »
Episode 2 - awesome I'm not at all jealous of a wee adventure like this weeks - yeah, right  :wink:

Thought this weeks episode was even better than last weeks, here's hoping the following programmes continue in the same vain :!:

Anyone for a wee spracchle to Bhutan.......  :wink:

Jim Eddie

Bhutan
« Reply #9 on: 19/11/2006 at 21:12 »
Aye Hamish that big Brownie he caught was a bonnie fish  :grin:  I really enjoyed tonights episode.

:z18  

Jim

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #10 on: 19/11/2006 at 21:35 »
Aye

Twas a superb episode, i'll come to Bhutan.

I guess this is truly Wild fishing, especially up on that loch, 4000m  :shock:
Thats a long way up.

So flags and candles are the way forward, :z6 wonder if it would work on the Don. :lol:

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #11 on: 19/11/2006 at 22:45 »
Oh "rollocks" .......... I forgot to watch it tonight  :oops:

Mike
 :z2

Hamish Young

« Reply #12 on: 19/11/2006 at 23:06 »
Quote from: "spiderman"

So flags and candles are the way forward, :z6 wonder if it would work on the Don. :lol:

I'm game to find out if you are  :z4  :lol:

Dutchfly

« Reply #13 on: 20/11/2006 at 08:15 »
Yes, liked it. I've recorded the episode on DVD, Mike. I'll try to mail it to you.

CU

Jeroen

wildfisher

« Reply #14 on: 20/11/2006 at 09:38 »
What a great program. Having trekked up to similar heights (a good bit higher in fact) in neighbouring Nepal I could really identify with CRW's state of exhaustion. Every step becomes a chore Never fished though although we were camped by the shore of a   lake at 4300M. I doubt if there were fish in it anyway and it being one of the most holy places in Hinduism  doubt if casting a fly  would have gone down too well!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com