Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave B

Taimen Fishing - Siberia
« on: 24/06/2008 at 21:59 »
A photo from my brothers latest trip Taimen fishing. All fish are subject to recording and tagging then released back into the wild. This will hopefully provide information on numbers, migration patterns and secure fishing for years to come. He has also promised to take me next year - keeping my fingers crossed! I have more photos if anyone wants to see them drop me a line. Dave B.

Graham Allan

Re: Taimen Fishing - Siberia
« Reply #1 on: 24/06/2008 at 22:15 »
Hi Dave ,Cracking photo.I saw a program a few years back about taimen fishing. Would I be right in thinkng they grow to 70lbs and are caught in Mongolia. :z15..  I Think Its worth  you keeping on your brothers good books :z4 Graham.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 24/06/2008 at 23:35 »
Cracking fish..pass on my congratulations!!

Its nice to hear about a succes story with the releasing and tagging..why folk cant do that here in the "civilised" west I will never know! I would love to have a bash at them with my Pike fly gear..I reckon it could be fun! ;)

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 24/06/2008 at 23:47 »
Hi Dave ............ Cracking photo :z16

Thanks for posting it
Best wishes
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 25/06/2008 at 09:37 »
Aye, pop up some more pics Dave...... I've long had an interest in Taimen, would love to get my hands on some eggs..... cross with a Brownie..... hmmmmmmmm  :wink

Dave Mundie

« Reply #5 on: 25/06/2008 at 19:55 »
Aye, pop up some more pics Dave...... I've long had an interest in Taimen, would love to get my hands on some eggs..... cross with a Brownie..... hmmmmmmmm  :wink

Now that could be interesting Hamish.

Great pic Dave :z16

Dave

Dave B

« Reply #6 on: 25/06/2008 at 19:57 »
Hello all. Thanks for the replies, in answer to some of the questions.... yes they do grow to over 70lb, I also believe that someone (don't know who) has looked at the crossing of eggs (would like to know more myself). More info on the river the fish were caught from, it holds a very good head of Brown Trout and Grayling. A morning session using regular trout gear resulted in 20+ Browns up to 4lb and 15+ Grayling (don't know the weights)...... more photos to follow.

Dave B

« Reply #7 on: 25/06/2008 at 20:14 »
Another Picture - Dave.

Dave B

« Reply #8 on: 25/06/2008 at 20:14 »
Another Picture. Dave.

Dave B

« Reply #9 on: 25/06/2008 at 20:17 »
Another Picture - Dave.

Dave B

« Reply #10 on: 25/06/2008 at 20:18 »
Another Picture. Dave.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com