Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Cameron deBoth

Halifax / Bank of Scotland users read!
« on: 20/06/2008 at 11:56 »
Yesterday i received an email from servicenotice "at" halifax.co.uk which read as follows

Dear Valued client
Access to your account online has been restricted due to the more than the allowed login attempt made from another ip other than your own.
To restore your account access click on the verify my account details button below and verify your details

Failure to do this within 24hrs will lead to temporary suspension of your account online.
-------BUTTON HERE ------
Sorry For the Inconvienence

Regards
Halifax Online Banking

DO NOT CLICK THE BUTTON, THIS IS A SCAM TO GET YOUR DETAILS (no i didnt click it!!! but have been in contact with the bank so the know about the scam)

Hopefully this will help a few of the members

Cameron

salar35

Re: Halifax / Bank of Scotland users read!
« Reply #1 on: 25/06/2008 at 15:31 »
Courtesy of Tiscali's inability to sort virtually anything (including spam removal at server source), I receive several unwanted requests per day in my spam folder from a variety of "banks" with whom I have never held an account, asking me to log-in to update my account details. Aye, right! It is often tempting to respond in order to tell the sender what a tealeaf a---hole he or she is, but this only confirms your email address as live and invites even more of this fraudulent criminal rubbish. As already suggested, do nothing other than hit the delete button......or alternatively send the entire email to the genuine bank website for their information......I don't think they ever bother doing anything about it, but it might make you feel better. Dave

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com