Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to June 16th )
« on: 16/06/2008 at 20:59 »
Hi folks :cool:

Hoppers, CDCs, Klinks, F-Flies, Spiders, Snatchers, Bloodworm, Half Hogs, Daddies, Buzzers, Bibio, Diawl Bachs and Damsels have been on the menu at Haddo this week :wink

Jason Brown enjoyed a good session with 23 fish up to 3 lb, Lloyd Rattray tempted 22 fish up to 5 lb, Dru Buchan 17 up to 3½ lb, David Alexander 15 up to 9½ lb, Alex Burnett 13 including a 12 lb Blue, David Moir a dozen up to 11 lb, Andy Yates 12 up to 7 lb, Davie Taylor 11 up to 3½ lb, Jim Doyle 9 up to 12 lb and Scott Hartley had 9 fish up to 17 lb. On their first visit to the fishery, Cameron Deboth netted 8 fish up to 9 lb and Harry West had 6 up to 10 lb.

Insect hatches were just awesome at times! :shock

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Cameron deBoth

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to June 16th )
« Reply #1 on: 16/06/2008 at 21:28 »
what a great day today :D so chuffed caught my biggest trout yet 9lbs. Check my Glare at mike behind the sun haha

Jay Scott

« Reply #2 on: 16/06/2008 at 21:30 »

Darn it! i miss all the fun :( great day out though!  :z16

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #3 on: 17/06/2008 at 13:02 »
my 9 pounder :D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Devonfly

« Reply #4 on: 17/06/2008 at 22:21 »
Mike,
Just wished to pass on our thanks for a fantastic day at Haddo, loved the float tubing, was great fun. Only wished we had arranged another day!!  We will have to arrange another trip to Scotland to try our luck again, was the highlight of the trip.

Once again thanks.

Jason and Ian (the guys from Devon)

Devonfly

« Reply #5 on: 18/06/2008 at 22:03 »
Mike, or other members

Can you post the link to the British Float Tubing website please? We are currently searching for a location in the southwest.

Many thanks

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 18/06/2008 at 22:43 »

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 18/06/2008 at 22:48 »
Hi Jason

Hamish beat me to it with the link :oops

Thanks for the kind comments, I'm really chuffed that you enjoyed yourselves and that you are looking for somewhere to go float tubing nearer home :cool:

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com