Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Cameron deBoth

New to Site
« on: 03/06/2008 at 15:59 »
Hi All,

Wanted to post up and say hi. My names Cameron and ive been fly fishing since primary (24 now). I used to live a stones throw from the don in Strathdon and spent most days pottering around the river. Over the last few years i hadnt had a chance to get out, but have recently got back into it. Teaching a friend to start in the process.

Im looking at getting a new Greys outfit at the moment. Found a few pretty good deals on the GRXi range. Also gonna start tying flies again. My friend and I are planning a camping trip into some of the hill lochs way up north so that should be a great trip.

Hope to be able to learn and contribute to the forum.

Thanks

Cameron

Jim Eddie

Re: New to Site
« Reply #1 on: 03/06/2008 at 19:11 »
Welcome to the forum Cameron

:z18

Jim

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 03/06/2008 at 21:20 »
Another newbie  :z16

Welcome Cameron..... whereabouts in Strathdon you from :?

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #3 on: 03/06/2008 at 22:35 »
Another newbie  :z16

Welcome Cameron..... whereabouts in Strathdon you from :?

my dad still lives in the same house, we are up waterside, just across from the weir. You know the area well? any of the locals?

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #4 on: 03/06/2008 at 22:54 »
Welcome to the forum Cameron

:z18

Jim

thanks for the welcome, just sorted a great deal on the GRXi kit i mentioned, rod, reel and 3 lines for bout £180. Thoughts??? Nick Hart fishing, great guy to deal with, gave me alot of info and advice, also price matched!!! couldn't recommend more highly!

out of interest, is anyone heading to the grays school of art degree show on Fri 13th June?, as I shall be taking part in this.

Hamish Young

« Reply #5 on: 03/06/2008 at 23:33 »
my dad still lives in the same house, we are up waterside, just across from the weir. You know the area well? any of the locals?

Ahhh - family business (a few years ago now) was the Colquhonnie  :cool: so yes, know the area reasonably :z3

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 03/06/2008 at 23:53 »
Hi Cameron

Welcome to the forum :z16

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #7 on: 04/06/2008 at 10:06 »
Ahhh - family business (a few years ago now) was the Colquhonnie  :cool: so yes, know the area reasonably :z3

This wouldnt be the Hamish that taught me to tie fies? Im Mike deBoth's son if not is is Hamish and Sally? that had the pub

Hamish Young

« Reply #8 on: 04/06/2008 at 10:24 »
This wouldnt be the Hamish that taught me to tie fies? Im Mike deBoth's son

The very same :wink Hello there Cameron.... very long time and no see  :shock Drop me a PM sometime  :z3

nosrac

« Reply #9 on: 06/06/2008 at 16:36 »
Hi fellow fishermen.

I am also new to the site, have been fishing since knee high to grasshopper now 31 but only properly or more seriously in the last year.

Went up to Glen of Rothes last week nice fishery. Am planning a trip out to Haddo in the near future as never fished out of a boat or float tube

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #10 on: 06/06/2008 at 17:22 »
thanks for the welcome all :D

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #11 on: 09/06/2008 at 15:57 »
YAY just ordered my new Greys Setup, cant wait, should arrive on Wed.

On a sour note some hacker has bought a Macbook Pro on my bank account GREAT!

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #12 on: 09/06/2008 at 17:27 »
thought i would post a pic of my first attempt at this fly, hamish do i still have the skills you taught me? haha

Hamish Young

« Reply #13 on: 09/06/2008 at 17:49 »
Not too shabby, not too shabby at all  :wink

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #14 on: 09/06/2008 at 17:59 »
Not too shabby, not too shabby at all  :wink

cheers, really happy how my first Klinkhammer came out, think i'll try this if we go on monday :D should have my new rod by then to!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com