Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jay Scott

Game Fair
« on: 30/05/2008 at 17:28 »

Almost that time of year again well i'm maybe a bit early. Anyone going down to the Scottish Game fair (Game Conservancy Trust) at Scone Palace this year? :grin

Jay

Dave Mundie

Re: Game Fair
« Reply #1 on: 30/05/2008 at 17:52 »
Would have liked to go but were of on holiday on the fri.

Dave

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 30/05/2008 at 18:06 »
Maybe - waiting to see what happens at work 1st  :roll

Tam Greenock

« Reply #3 on: 30/05/2008 at 22:21 »
l will be going even if its just to see the racing ferrets  :z15

Peter McCallum

« Reply #4 on: 31/05/2008 at 16:09 »
Annual family day out - I'd get hung if I didn't go

fishfingers

« Reply #5 on: 07/06/2008 at 19:55 »
hope a have the time this year, iv been for the last 4yrs a good w/end out.maybe go for the day this year

Jay Scott

« Reply #6 on: 07/06/2008 at 20:25 »
hope a have the time this year, iv been for the last 4yrs a good w/end out.maybe go for the day this year

You can give me a lift then!  :z3

fishfingers

« Reply #7 on: 09/06/2008 at 19:51 »
that il cost ye.ha

Hamish Young

« Reply #8 on: 20/06/2008 at 09:00 »
I've wangled my leave at work :z16

I will be going to the Game Fair this year - woo hoo :z3

Hamish Young

« Reply #9 on: 22/06/2008 at 03:57 »
Thought I'd post this up, a link to the 'fishy' page of the Scottish Game Fair website:

http://www.scottishfair.com/Default.aspx?tabid=77

Dave Mundie

« Reply #10 on: 22/06/2008 at 11:51 »
Is it at the same time every year?
If so i'll have to make a note in next years diary.

Dave

Peter McCallum

« Reply #11 on: 22/06/2008 at 12:50 »
First weekend in July Dave, causes me some conflict every year as i go to the assynt area for a week that weekend :z6. The friday is a saviour now since i can get to either that or the Sunday(this year  :lol) so I avoid the wrath of the family who think it's a great day out!!

Hamish Young

« Reply #12 on: 04/07/2008 at 07:34 »
I'm about to head out from Dinnet, anyone visiting the Game Fair and wants to have a word with me look for Orvis - I'm lending them a hand over the three days :wink

It's not raining - yet :roll

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #13 on: 06/07/2008 at 10:34 »
Well, once more Fishermans Row sort of dissapointed :(...seems that there are less and less quality companies going each year, and some of those that had turned up where off loading stuff they could not sell or that was cheap tat. Even Lureflash was not there! Having said that, Lakeland and Flytek managed to take a good deal of money off me for Pike fly tying materials :)...but i use these two companies via mail order anyway, so no supprises there :) Only company that was offering good show discounts was Bloke rods.

Decided to visit Hardy and see if I could get a cast of a Demon after reading the review by Magnus....that did not work...seemed my clothes where wrong or something...would hardly give me the time of day, shame, as I had £300 in my wallet :z7...so visited Hamish at the Orvis tent...and he gave me a shot of the Helios 9 foot 8 weight and the 9 foot 10 weight..and spent a bit of time talking to me, introduced me to a chap called Ben who uses the 10 weight himself etc etc..well..looks like I will be buying once I get the money for the rods I am building just now! :) Amazingly different attitude to customers :)..and it was not just me that said the same... Thanks for the time Hamish :)

It was not until I left fishermans row behind and went looking at the rest of the show that I started to cheer up :) Some interesting tweed clad totty about ;)

Finally left the show at 6 after watching the Terrier racing....hilarious!..so if anyone knows of any Border Terrier pups going..would be interested. :)

Jay Scott

« Reply #14 on: 06/07/2008 at 11:28 »

Yeah i was slightly dissapointed with the fishermen's row this year as well with the absence of Glasgow angling and other larger companies. I didn't even see half of the companies your talking about Rob like Orvis and Bloke.. the only brand tent i saw was Greys were they in a separate area or have i just missed half the stalls on my travels?  :cry :oops Overall though it was a great day out and like Rob said some nice tweed totty!  :z7

Jay

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com