Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Malcolm Copland

Kildrummy / Glenkindie Area
« on: 29/05/2008 at 11:24 »
Anyone been up there this season or heard of any activity ?.

Hamish Young

Re: Kildrummy / Glenkindie Area
« Reply #1 on: 29/05/2008 at 12:07 »
Irvine (Hares Lug) probably best placed for an answer I suspect :z17 Haven't fished there myself (yet) this season :cry

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 29/05/2008 at 23:31 »
Irvine (Hares Lug) probably best placed for an answer I suspect :z17 Haven't fished there myself (yet) this season :cry

Yes Hamish ....... and last time we booked it everything went "pear shaped" due to heavy rain and high water :z10

Another "must do" in the near future methinks :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Malcolm Copland

« Reply #3 on: 30/05/2008 at 07:23 »
Which beat had you booked ?

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 30/05/2008 at 22:21 »
Which beat had you booked ?

Kildrummy . . . .  :z15

Irvine Ross

« Reply #5 on: 02/06/2008 at 19:44 »
Hello

Just back from two weeks holiday abroad and was too busy just before we went so I am about a month out of date with the conditions at Kildrummy. So far this year I have caught one kelt. April was slow, thin hatches and no fish showing or even looking at a spider. I would guess it will have improved in May but I have not had a look at the river and I have no idea how the hatches are going just now. If the caddis have started coming off I would guess an evening would be more productive than the day time but that's just a guess. It will be next weekend before I get a chance myself.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Irvine

Malcolm Copland

« Reply #6 on: 03/06/2008 at 12:14 »
Thanks, I haven't managed to get out this season yet but hope to have a cast some evening's soon

uli

« Reply #7 on: 04/06/2008 at 10:10 »
Was at Kildrummy last  week. Had 7 fish between ½ lb and 2 ½ lb on an olive kinkhamer. Don’t fish blind. Walk the river looking for risers. I used to fish at Arduncart a fair bit and it was terrific but when I phoned last week I was told that the fishing has been sold to a private syndicate and there were no day tickets available anymore. No matter, Kildrummy is even better and still easy to get access to.

Hamish Young

« Reply #8 on: 04/06/2008 at 10:27 »
Useful fishing info Uli  :cool: You might like to know limited day tickets for trout are available for Ardhuncart, I am waiting to hear back from the syndicate with contact details at the moment  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com