Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Float Tube Gathering ( Saturday May 31st )
« Reply #15 on: 27/05/2008 at 22:47 »
being a float tube virgin i would like to use one of your tubes please Mike

Did you buy one Mike? ....... I seem to remember that you were going to? If you did, bring it along too :wink

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Dave Mundie

« Reply #16 on: 28/05/2008 at 19:56 »
Not fair somethings came up and i cant manage to come along  :cry.
Hopefully there'll be another soon, best of luck guys hope you have loads of fun  :z16

Dave

Ross

« Reply #17 on: 30/05/2008 at 10:59 »
Looks like it's going to be like any other FT Gathering...nice and wet :z4 :shock :z2

Hamish Young

« Reply #18 on: 30/05/2008 at 12:09 »
I'll be there - first time the 'Ark' has been out since 2006  :shock Jings :oops

Iain Cameron

« Reply #19 on: 30/05/2008 at 17:24 »
all -- enjoy the gathering, may your wet be the only thing that gets wet. i've a gig to play tomorrow, otherwise i'd have floated on over

iain

« Reply #20 on: 31/05/2008 at 13:53 »
thanks for an excellent few hours for my first float tube experience  I now feel comfortable afloat and shall go tubing again in the near future  It was good to be able to put faces to some of the names on the forum a pleasure to meet you all .

Jim Eddie

« Reply #21 on: 31/05/2008 at 18:55 »
Yes good to meet you to, its a geat way to fish  :cool:

Thanks again Mike for being the ultimate host

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #22 on: 01/06/2008 at 01:16 »
Hi guys ...... twas a great day, I hope you all enjoyed it :z16

Nice to see Mike, Chris and Ben having fun on their "maiden voyage" :cool:

Dave Olley tempted his new "PB" trout at approx 15 to 16 lb :shock

Hamish was out in the "Ark Royal" :cool:

Chris on his "maiden voyage" :cool:

Ben discovers a new casting platform :z7

Yes, twas a grand day!

How many cups of coffee did I make today anyway? :roll .......... Fancy a wager Hamish? :z3

Best wishes
Mike

PDScott

« Reply #23 on: 01/06/2008 at 15:55 »
Mike,
Thanks once again for a great day out and despite Ross's weather forecast, the rain did not come! Perhaps the weather gods have decided they have punished us enough.
Sandy was delighted to have caught his first rainbow from a tube and is now looking to buy a bigger net - his four-pounder would only go half-way in.
I hope Ben enjoyed his "maiden voyage" - I certainly enjoyed watching him trying to land his first fish (and his casting of course).
All the best
Peter

Hamish Young

« Reply #24 on: 01/06/2008 at 17:07 »
How many cups of coffee did I make today anyway? :roll .......... Fancy a wager Hamish? :z3

Cough...... I'm not loosing any more money to you on wee bets :z7 :z4

Kev Danby

« Reply #25 on: 01/06/2008 at 21:30 »
Yes a grand day, finicky fish and Ben going round in circles, we've all been there, but always amusing to spectate. Watching Ben, Magnus and Hamish put out a line is somewhat humbling and something to aspire to.

After checking the bladder in my tube, the seam has gone big time an inch or so split and one unsucceful repair attempt so it looks like a new bladder or tube for me.

One thing that always amazes me is watching herons gracefully perch in a tree they dont seem to be built for that. The woodpecker was a busy little fella. A most enjoyable day.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #26 on: 02/06/2008 at 06:40 »
Kev

Diver Daves (Aberdeen Field Sports) do bladder repair , if its beyond repair , Steve Parton does bladder for most tubes.

:z18

Jim

Dave Olley

« Reply #27 on: 02/06/2008 at 11:38 »
Mike
May I add my thanks and those of my mate Chris who tried float tubing for the first time. If he didn't live 250 miles away he would be a regular in the tube at Haddo without question. He really enjoyed it.
The fish weren't easy, but they were big, at least for me :z4 :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #28 on: 03/06/2008 at 00:01 »

float tubing
« Reply #29 on: 03/06/2008 at 21:57 »
hi guys got me an almost like new Orvis tube very reasonably priced also got the waders in hand , just have to find someone with a cheap set of fins  an im good to go

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com